Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Happy Birthday Canada! What Do You Know About Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Canada!

What Do You Know About Canada? Take the test!

www.ckq.ca - Canadian Knowledge Quiz.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just did the basic exam but it gives results for Canadian Firsts ? :?:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What do I know about Canada?

I know when you need good Medical Care in a reasonable amount of time, you come to the United States.

I know that wait times for Medical Care are on the increase.

I know that Canada has a shortage of Doctors and Nurses and are leaving to seek employment in the United States.

I know this firsthand. I had surgery a couple of weeks ago. The wound wasn't packed right, and it started bleeding like crazy the next day.

I waited over three hours at the emergency room, and lost something like half a liter of blood.

This was not a fatal circumstance, but just imagine what could have happened in that three hours had it been fatal.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I know this firsthand. I had surgery a couple of weeks ago. The wound wasn't packed right, and it started bleeding like crazy the next day.

I waited over three hours at the emergency room, and lost something like half a liter of blood.

This was not a fatal circumstance, but just imagine what could have happened in that three hours had it been fatal.

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope your recovering well... I recall an interview where actor Liam Neeson described his experience at a Montreal Hospital when his Wife Natasha Richardson was injured in a Ski accident, She was in the care of young doctors who Neeson described as looking 18 years old, She unfortunately died later. Experience goes a long way, especially in the operating room when human lives are at stake.

If I may ask; Do Canadians have the right to sue for malpractice?

Puckerhuddle

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It still beats no coverage at all. Leading cause of US personal bankruptcies, medical bills. That cannot be very healthy for any society.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that, I hope your recovering well... I recall an interview where actor Liam Neeson described his experience at a Montreal Hospital when his Wife Natasha Richardson was injured in a Ski accident, She was in the care of young doctors who Neeson described as looking 18 years old, She unfortunately died later. Experience goes a long way, especially in the operating room when human lives are at stake.

If I may ask; Do Canadians have the right to sue for malpractice?

From what I understand, it is doable.

Since this was my first exposure to the medical world "in action", it has gotten me curious about medical law.

Practitioners such as doctors typically operate as an incorporated business, and bill the provincial health insurance plan as regulation allows for it. That said, I can't see any reason why I couldn't sue a doctor's practice for screwing up on something.

Dr. Example's Office Inc., would be the same legal entity type as, say, Example Roofing Inc., so it does not seem possible to me to somehow differentiate the liability from one business to the other.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It still beats no coverage at all. Leading cause of US personal bankruptcies, medical bills. That cannot be very healthy for any society.

I'd rather go 100K in debt than be on the operating table with a guy operating on me who just completed his internship.. In other words; I'd rather be alive and broke than dead and well off.

And I thought the leading cause of personal bankruptcy was personal debt such as credit cards, home and auto loans. At any rate, we should note the US population stands at 312 Million, we have 30 million Americans who are uninsured for a variety of reasons, we could of done something to insure these people without Government taking over the entire health care system, Which will hurt the care we now receive, will lead to higher unemployment, add trillions more in debt and will destroy any chance of our economy recovering.

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Happy Canada Day! From Canadian.com :)

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
An American, a Scot and a Canuk were in a terrible car accident. They were all brought to the same emergency room, but all three of them died before they arrived. Just as they were about to put the toe tag on the American, he stirred and opened his eyes. Astonished, the doctors and nurses present asked him what happened.

"Well," said the American, "I remember the crash, and then there was a beautiful light, and then the Canadian and the Scot and I were standing at the gates of heaven. St. Peter approached us and said that we were all too young to die, and that for a donation of $100, we could return to the earth."

He continued, " So of course, I pulled out my wallet and gave him the $100, and the next thing I knew I was back here."

"That's amazing!" said one of the doctors, "But what happened to the other two?"

"Last I saw them," replied the American, "the Scot was haggling over the price and the Canadian was waiting for the government to pay for his."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
An American, a Scot and a Canuk were in a terrible car accident. They were all brought to the same emergency room, but all three of them died before they arrived. Just as they were about to put the toe tag on the American, he stirred and opened his eyes. Astonished, the doctors and nurses present asked him what happened.

"Well," said the American, "I remember the crash, and then there was a beautiful light, and then the Canadian and the Scot and I were standing at the gates of heaven. St. Peter approached us and said that we were all too young to die, and that for a donation of $100, we could return to the earth."

He continued, " So of course, I pulled out my wallet and gave him the $100, and the next thing I knew I was back here."

"That's amazing!" said one of the doctors, "But what happened to the other two?"

"Last I saw them," replied the American, "the Scot was haggling over the price and the Canadian was waiting for the government to pay for his."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Nice one :)

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd rather go 100K in debt than be on the operating table with a guy operating on me who just completed his internship.. In other words; I'd rather be alive and broke than dead and well off.

And I thought the leading cause of personal bankruptcy was personal debt such as credit cards, home and auto loans. At any rate, we should note the US population stands at 312 Million, we have 30 million Americans who are uninsured for a variety of reasons, we could of done something to insure these people without Government taking over the entire health care system, Which will hurt the care we now receive, will lead to higher unemployment, add trillions more in debt and will destroy any chance of our economy recovering.
hopefully someone will poop all over a july 4th thread in your honor. insurance is a scam. they will look for any reason to deny your claim. it just doesn't work.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, it is doable.
Yes, in the US, people do not die from blunt head trauma to the head (after refusing to go to the hospital TWICE) and people do not have have medical errors in the US. We are perfect. Ask us.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What Do You Know About Canada?
What do I know about Canada? I know Sarnia has the most beautiful girls in the world and I should have brought that property on the coast of Nova Scotia. And, I still might buy that ocean property in Nova Scotia.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Whats a ... "c-a-n-a-d-a"?

Is that something like,.. "o-u-t-o-f-d-o-o-r-s"??

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

ilovedomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom