Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Hard Situation with GoDaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrvel

Hi there !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is my recent friend's situation. He had an account with GoDaddy.
Someday he used public computer to log in to his GoDaddy account.
Somehow that account was not logged out correctly and he went home.
A new public computer user came in and automatically logged in to his GoDaddy account.
That new guy is a bad guy, he ordered 8 .AM domains with fraud credit card with my friend's account.
Now several days later, my friend's GoDaddy account was suspended. All domains were deleted by GoDaddy.
And several months before that happened, he sold some domains to some fellows.
Now those domains which have been pushed to other accounts (by valid purchase between domainers) several months ago are being reversed and deleted as well.

He has contacted GoDaddy's customer service but they keep saying that the account is still suspended and all related domains of that account are being deleted too.

Any advice what should he do, and what should the previous buyers of his domain do?

Last edited:

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no one is that stupid to go and steal a credit card to use someone elses godaddy account to purchase .am domain names. This is an inside job. Your friend is either a lier or a friend who knows his account info has got jealous and caused trouble for him.

xrvel

Hi there !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no one is that stupid to go and steal a credit card to use someone elses godaddy account to purchase .am domain names. This is an inside job. Your friend is either a lier or a friend who knows his account info has got jealous and caused trouble for him.
Let's say someone jealous and caused trouble for him, what should he and his domain buyers say to godaddy customer service to get the other domains back?

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Someone logged into your friend's account who just happened to have a stolen credit card and went to GoDaddy right after your friend on a public computer. Correct?

Were the domain names you friend sold in the past paid for with a valid credit card? How many domains were pushed to other accounts?

xrvel

Hi there !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Someone logged into your friend's account who just happened to have a stolen credit card and went to GoDaddy right after your friend on a public computer. Correct?
Yes, this is what he said.

Were the domain names you friend sold in the past paid for with a valid credit card? How many domains were pushed to other accounts?
Yes, the past domains were purchased with no problem i guess (before he never complained before). It was said at least 6 domains which already pushed to other accounts and deleted now.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

This whole story is too fishy - makes no sense and GoDaddy did the right thing. GUILTY - if your that careless not log out using a public computer, then you are asking for it. Not to mention that the scammer had a credit card on standby the minute the person left the computer. Their is no other way to get access to password, I'm a godaddy customer, for you to change password or access your password in the godaddy account settings, you need to type the password to make any changes. the only way to get password is by reseting it and receiving an email with instructions. So from what I have read, the owner left the computer with goaddy account open and the scammer sat down and had a stolen credit card ready to buy .am domains.

Seriously OP if your that stupid to believe your friends story, you are not that smart. From what you have stated, it is clear that your friend is either the scammer or someone does not like him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back-StabbingFriends.gif

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

xrvel

Hi there !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This whole story is too fishy - makes no sense and GoDaddy did the right thing. GUILTY - if your that careless not log out using a public computer, then you are asking for it. Not to mention that the scammer had a credit card on standby the minute the person left the computer. Their is no other way to get access to password, I'm a godaddy customer, for you to change password or access your password in the godaddy account settings, you need to type the password to make any changes. the only way to get password is by reseting it and receiving an email with instructions. So from what I have read, the owner left the computer with goaddy account open and the scammer sat down and had a stolen credit card ready to buy .am domains.

Seriously OP if your that stupid to believe your friends story, you are not that smart. From what you have stated, it is clear that your friend is either the scammer or someone does not like him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back-StabbingFriends.gif
Alright, thanks to your opinion. I really appreciate it.

Mods please delete this thread. It is ridiculous and outwardly a hear say lie. and not beneficial to the forum.
No hard feeling, i just asked any advice from any member here. And i didn't intend to spread a lie, as i just asked based on my friend's story :)
However, thanks for your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom