Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Has Namejet really cleaned up its act?

Status
Not open for further replies.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Was following an auction CloudTablet.com ended for $1309 last week, seems high bidder did not pay, get an email saying back on auction, finished today at $260.

(first sale) http://www.namejet.com/Pages/Auctions/StandardDetails.aspx?auctionid=3439190&lt=reports

(second sale) http://www.namejet.com/Pages/Auctions/StandardDetails.aspx?auctionid=3443527&lt=reports

So we are talking about over a $1K price difference, is this the sort of affect that deadbeat bidders are having within the marketplace, imagine if that deabeat bidder had come runnerup, they would be back at it again with another domain soon enough... not sure if that first bidder is still bidding or what, but all you guys that spend big money there, you have to keep the house honest.

Last edited:

barrysanders

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, this happens quite frequently from what I've seen in auctions (not just on Namejet, but on GoDaddy too). What happens is either the non-payer got emotional in the last minute bidding and bid beyond their means and cannot pay or the non-payer was trying to run the price up on the other guy and got stuck winning the auction and cannot/does not want to pay.

I'm sure most people who have bid at auction have doled out more money because of people like this. And if you think about it, the auction company benefits from these actions, so while they may ban the user to keep the crowd happy, letting the guy create another account helps the auction company in the end and no one will be the wiser since everything is done behind the cloak and veil of anonymity.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of suspicious bids on Namejet right now. Pethotels.com went to $10k right away... really?? Same with Familyphotos.com. All very good names, but very unusually to see these kinds of bids at the opening of an auction.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of suspicious bids on Namejet right now. Pethotels.com went to $10k right away... really?? Same with Familyphotos.com. All very good names, but very unusually to see these kinds of bids at the opening of an auction.

I noticed that as well, people with big money, are usually people with smart money, and no point making big bids to have them sit there, and get pushed even higher.

Yes, namejet has some good domains flow thru their platform, but I am noticing names starting to sell at prices end users would balk at, I agree I am not sure if the original winning bidder from cloudtablet.com was suspended, or is still bidding on the platform, but this has happend a few times to me now, and am just taking a step back, and really thinking before I bid now...

When I contacted support they didn't seem to concerned, or even bother following up with a proper response, I didn't think they would be to motivated to as they win in the end.

Last edited:

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, this happens quite frequently from what I've seen in auctions (not just on Namejet, but on GoDaddy too). What happens is either the non-payer got emotional in the last minute bidding and bid beyond their means and cannot pay or the non-payer was trying to run the price up on the other guy and got stuck winning the auction and cannot/does not want to pay.

I'm sure most people who have bid at auction have doled out more money because of people like this. And if you think about it, the auction company benefits from these actions, so while they may ban the user to keep the crowd happy, letting the guy create another account helps the auction company in the end and no one will be the wiser since everything is done behind the cloak and veil of anonymity.

I can respect Godaddy, they wipe out that high bidders entire bid history, and offer it to the runner up with the high bidders bid out of the auction, namejet reuactions it, so the person could open a new account, and be right back at it.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't even bid $69 for cloudtablet

so $260 is a bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom