Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Have a great brandable 5L.com and 8 supportiing TLD/ccTLDs - should I split or sell a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark One

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey all - I'm preparing to sell a premium LLLLL.com - aged 18 years - previously used by one small business. Appraised at $38k by sedo for what that's worth.

Also regged additional extensions (.co.uk, .eu, .us, .asia, .tv, .biz, .co, .xxx) to support brand over the years and, again for what it's worth, sedo appraisals total $60k+.

As a package this would seem to be a great opportunity to buy a ready-made global brand to the right end user (already have a couple of good sized companies using domains like LLLLL.com.tw for example in my sights) but I'm not sure whether I would be better off splitting it and selling each extension separately.

Any thoughts on which approach likely to be best bet at the end of the day?

Appreciate your expert views - thanks.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
probably better to sell all ext to one buyer

as once the .com is sold, what value are the other extensions to anybody else

Mark One

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks biggedon - is it as cut and dry as that do you think? Was thinking that the cctLDs might realize more individually if I staggered the sales over a few months than being lost under the shadow of the .com in a package as the .co.uk, .eu, .us are desirable in their own right.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you believe they are "desirable in their own right".... then try to sell off the .co.uk/ .eu and the .us first, and see how desirable they really are.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
LLLLL.com? Is it a word or random letters?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you believe they are "desirable in their own right".... then try to sell off the .co.uk/ .eu and the .us first, and see how desirable they really are.
Agreed. The only strong extension in the lot is .co.uk.
I wouldn't sell the names separately because a brandable name must be quite unique. Otherwise you might even run into TM issues.
Who wants to brand the .co.uk or .eu heavily when the .com belongs to another party.

IMO the .com probably makes up 90% of portfolio value (wild guess), the other extensions (that do not include .net/.org) are a small bonus.

Mark One

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for feedback - sparty - not a big secret just want to hold of publicizing the sale until background work done. Acro - it's a CVCCV dictionary word but more brandable than generic. biggedon / katherine - makes a lot of sense, thanks (no TM issues, I held TM).

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's a CVCCV dictionary word but more brandable than generic.

Hi

from my viewpoint, a dictionary word is NOT in the category of LLLLL.com.... a dictionary word is a word that's in the dictionary.

just as LLLL.com's are NOT in the same category as a one word domain that happens to be only 4 letters long.

there is quite a distinction between them, as well as a difference in value.

LLLL or LLLLL are mainly used to describe domains that fit in random v/c patterns, which sometimes can be pronouncable, yet they are NOT dictionary words.

if i have a one word name that's referenced in the dictionary, i'll just promote it as that.

but i'm just a former dj and only know how to put the needle on the record.

:)

Mark One

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
good clarification - thanks biggedon.

I miss vinyl.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Mark One

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
45s have a life of their own eh? Haven't heard sly on vinyl but link gives me an idea of how good it could sound with full range! Cheers, M

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom