Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Have you ever taken out domains to help friends and orgs?

inernetster

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well,
I tried. Best intent. Gift 'em with a much better url. I will always do that.
I have 3 that I tried gifting but either get the "no" or ignore. These are climate related.
Well, they will not stop me from caring :)
Crazy part is all 3 have a 4 digit Godaddy estimate.

Domain Summit 2024

D Haynes

Level 1
Reaction score
This is something I and others have tried in the past. I've picked up names of famous people for next to nothing thinking I'd just gift them but never had any takers. Surprised me because if I was offered my name for free I'd bite their hand off lol.

Names for existing companies and organisations can be a bit different in that they're already established on their chosen name and rebranding can be incredibly time consuming and expensive.

inernetster

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What I did was do the compressed url thing.. instead of amforsavetheworldfromclimatechange.org to a4stwfcc . Org but alot sweeter. 4 letter .org.
Then, a big climate org let their .com wide open and get junk replies when I try DONATING
And, the kicker is a 6 letter dot com that is so in sync and pronouncable and just nice.. the leader of the org shunned me.
C'set la vie! I tried :)
Sometimes, I really feel am crazy. Yet, the world is crazier.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I did was do the compressed url thing.. instead of amforsavetheworldfromclimatechange.org to a4stwfcc . Org but alot sweeter. 4 letter .org.
Then, a big climate org let their .com wide open and get junk replies when I try DONATING
And, the kicker is a 6 letter dot com that is so in sync and pronouncable and just nice.. the leader of the org shunned me.
C'set la vie! I tried :)
Sometimes, I really feel am crazy. Yet, the world is crazier.
I tried donating a house to an organization once with the only stipulation that they not sell it for fifty years. They rejected it a week later. I was hoping they would turn it into a park.

Days till Domain Summit

Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom