Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker Heads up over Moniker Security

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, used to be a big fan of Moniker. past tense
they've gone to dogs
also their famous security image too? crap

had loads of problems recently, names not resolving in account, site timing out (just moniker, no other sites), crap server whatever.

well added privacy to some names other week and they didnt go on. so i contacted support and they readded. now some names already had privacy so i have no way of knowing if they got extended. i doubt they did as i just regged 2 new names which are perfect for a new business im thinking of starting and the privacy ddint get added! the invoice said success and they took the money but one has half privacy and the other name has no privacy
friggin joke, its too late now even when applied

what if i had regged an name like screwputin dot com or something, ? i'd be in crap then

moniker going down the tubes on a number of counts
pissed of with them. means i have to check and double check everything and keep sending support tickets. time to get get a resller account with enom or something and start my own registrty and transfer all my domains over and manage myself i think :upset:

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sure you must have missed something or done something wrong :) just chill and figure it out may be contact support to clear it up :) they have always been great for me :)

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
read what i put :rolleyes:

i paid for privacy, it said success, it wasnt added. the invoice proves that. one domain has half privacy added in whois. they have problems.
its not the first time either

support are good actually, its all they got left.
but, this shouldbnt be happening and in the past u could rely on them and things to go smooth, this post is a heads up to people to check after paying that the names been regged, privacy added if applicable etc

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
im looking at invoice now as proof , paid for on both for 2 years. success

now, watch ur backs guys.
wonder if a moniker rep will be along to explain what theyre gonna do to sort their act out?

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dear valued Moniker member:

Welcome to VIP status!

We’d like to introduce you to your new Senior Account Executive.
To better serve your needs, Moniker has recently realigned some of our client service functions. As one of our most valued clients, your account has been placed in an exclusive VIP category. This means that you will now receive dedicated service and support from one primary contact. Starting immediately, your Senior Account Executive will be Bari Meyerson.

This new approach will ensure that you receive the highest quality service from someone who is very familiar with your goals and objectives. After all, your domains are the cornerstone of your business, and valuable assets that require the utmost in protection, service and support.

If you have not worked with Bari in the past, she will be contacting you over the next few weeks to familiarize herself with the specifics of your account. However, should you have any questions or concerns in the near term – or at any time going forward – please feel free to contact her directly at:

i gues you also received a similar email. another marketing strategy from moniker but nothing being done to improve the quality.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, used to be a big fan of Moniker. past tense
they've gone to dogs
also their famous security image too? crap

had loads of problems recently, names not resolving in account, site timing out (just moniker, no other sites), crap server whatever.

well added privacy to some names other week and they didnt go on. so i contacted support and they readded. now some names already had privacy so i have no way of knowing if they got extended. i doubt they did as i just regged 2 new names which are perfect for a new business im thinking of starting and the privacy ddint get added! the invoice said success and they took the money but one has half privacy and the other name has no privacy
friggin joke, its too late now even when applied

what if i had regged an name like screwputin dot com or something, ? i'd be in crap then

moniker going down the tubes on a number of counts
pissed of with them. means i have to check and double check everything and keep sending support tickets. time to get get a resller account with enom or something and start my own registrty and transfer all my domains over and manage myself i think :upset:

PREDATOR

My apologies for any inconvenience. Please contact immediately to get this issue resolved for you!

Thanks
~Bari

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PREDATOR

My apologies for any inconvenience. Please contact immediately to get this issue resolved for you!

Thanks
~Bari

Hi Bari,
i already contacted support. damage done though

a/ any domain can have whois looked at before privacy applied by paying
2/ this has happened before on extending privacy
3/ moniker have some serious issues with their website, more glitches than i dont know what. i wont embarass you by listing another 5 or 6 major glitches on the site

nothing perosnal,i'll be honest i used to rate moniker really high but there are a number of other posts if you look around that have been largely ignored by moniker and the reps. i would say moniker is now on a par with godaddy or enom, maybe not that good :eek:

EDIT:

I found your glitch for you.
I went in to edit domain contacts and set back to privacy settings on both. As they had already been paid for it allowed me to do but should have been applied instantly. I checked whois and corrected. you need to look at this!

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Bari,
i already contacted support. damage done though

a/ any domain can have whois looked at before privacy applied by paying
2/ this has happened before on extending privacy
3/ moniker have some serious issues with their website, more glitches than i dont know what. i wont embarass you by listing another 5 or 6 major glitches on the site

nothing perosnal,i'll be honest i used to rate moniker really high but there are a number of other posts if you look around that have been largely ignored by moniker and the reps. i would say moniker is now on a par with godaddy or enom, maybe not that good :eek:

EDIT:

I found your glitch for you.
I went in to edit domain contacts and set back to privacy settings on both. As they had already been paid for it allowed me to do but should have been applied instantly. I checked whois and corrected. you need to look at this!

PREDATOR

Once again please accept my apologies for any inconvenience. Going forward should you need any support/assistance feel free to contact me directly.

Have a great weekend!

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Pred

Have you tried Fabulous?

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PREDATOR

Once again please accept my apologies for any inconvenience. Going forward should you need any support/assistance feel free to contact me directly.

Have a great weekend!

Bari

You look like a hotty from your pic

I'll forgive Monikers crap service if it means hanging with you

A jersey girl to boot

Niiiiiice ;)

Lord

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Predator,

I'm hoping Moniker gets the bugs worked out as well because they are/were my favorite registrar as everything just worked. If you are seriously considering another registrar why not check out DynaDot, their pricing is cheap if you do bulk: http://www.dynadot.com/company/prices_bulk.html and their control panel works. Customer service always answers and has always picked up the phone when i needed it.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Lord! (I think) LOL :smilewinkgrin:
Wait a minute girl! Just to be sure that is not the Lord who has been hitting on you all this time on AIM but I certainly agree with his opinions. Heh.

Though I gotta add that Bari is a wonderful person and always willing to help.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey Pred

Have you tried Fabulous?

Pred indicated he uses Privacy protection, Fabulous does not offer privacy... They also dont offer country code TLD's, Pred is in the UK. And recently, they joined the growing list of Registrars that are pushing domains to auction.

I have always supported Fabulous up to now, but finally decided to pull my domains out. :bolt:

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try InternetX -- if you need a contact there give me a buzz.

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I still have a few names (won thru auctions) with moniker and affiliates (coolhandle, domainhip...) but their website is a nightmare. I tried to log in and/ or getting my password emailed (verification purposes), it keep freezing or saying BS like this : To receive your login information please call our support helpline at 1-800-688-6311 or 1-954-984-0923 outside the U.S.

How the hell I need to make a call and cannot solve the problem online. Never heard about "the Internet" ?

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute girl! Just to be sure that is not the Lord who has been hitting on you all this time on AIM but I certainly agree with his opinions. Heh.

Though I gotta add that Bari is a wonderful person and always willing to help.

Thank you! ;)

I still have a few names (won thru auctions) with moniker and affiliates (coolhandle, domainhip...) but their website is a nightmare. I tried to log in and/ or getting my password emailed (verification purposes), it keep freezing or saying BS like this : To receive your login information please call our support helpline at 1-800-688-6311 or 1-954-984-0923 outside the U.S.

How the hell I need to make a call and cannot solve the problem online. Never heard about "the Internet" ?

Hey Keyser

Please feel free to contact me directly for assistance. I'd be more than happy to help you consolodate your domains.

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bari for helping. Will send a mail very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom