Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker Heads up over Moniker Security

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys,
Bari is my Account Exec, and I have nothing but praise for her over the past 3 years or so. NEVER, EVER has an issue not been resolved. Everytime I read negative posts about Moniker I can't help but get upset knowing not only the service I get from Bari personally, but even from the staff at the 800 number and even from the online ticket support on their website. Not once has an issue not been resolved, and trust me no matter where you go, THERE WILL BE ISSUES, it's the nature of any beast!

I agree with Wmloz....I have never had any issues with Moniker that were not solved with help from Don and Michael...or from the 800 support line.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys,
Bari is my Account Exec, and I have nothing but praise for her over the past 3 years or so. NEVER, EVER has an issue not been resolved. Everytime I read negative posts about Moniker I can't help but get upset knowing not only the service I get from Bari personally, but even from the staff at the 800 number and even from the online ticket support on their website. Not once has an issue not been resolved, and trust me no matter where you go, THERE WILL BE ISSUES, it's the nature of any beast!

THANKS for the shout out wmloz :cool:

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah, well spare a thought for the majority who have had problems. moniker is riddled with glitches and faults. i used to cheerlead them when they were worth it.
basically the day Monte sold up the place has gone downhill imho.
i feel pretty cheated as i have thousands of names there. i plan to get an enom reseller, so a cheap way of getting your own registrar and transfer them all away in time

btw i had to resolve that security issue myself and support never got back. in the past support have been good, but i can back up reps have been hopeless for me. chris was a living nightmare and wouldnt get back to emails and literally months would go by.
when you pm reps, don included have waited weeks. to be fair don now made him my new rep, he emailed me and said he would get back about sorting some stuff. im still waiting.
last time i make a post. think i made my point. read the boards bari. look around, a lot of people who once loved moniker dont anymore. wake up, people dont moan for nothing

nb:
bari, seems like people are saying good things about u at least. can u be my account rep then?
chris no longer is thank the lord, don has just become briefly , i heard an email once but already weeks have gone by without a word, he said he would get back.
thanks

Last edited:

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah, well spare a thought for the majority who have had problems. moniker is riddled with glitches and faults. i used to cheerlead them when they were worth it.
basically the day Monte sold up the place has gone downhill imho.
i feel pretty cheated as i have thousands of names there. i plan to get an enom reseller, so a cheap way of getting your own registrar and transfer them all away in time

btw i had to resolve that security issue myself and support never got back. in the past support have been good, but i can back up reps have been hopeless for me. chris was a living nightmare and wouldnt get back to emails and literally months would go by.
when you pm reps, don included have waited weeks. to be fair don now made him my new rep, he emailed me and said he would get back about sorting some stuff. im still waiting.
last time i make a post. think i made my point. read the boards bari. look around, a lot of people who once loved moniker dont anymore. wake up, people dont moan for nothing

nb:
bari, seems like people are saying good things about u at least. can u be my account rep then?
chris no longer is thank the lord, don has just become briefly , i heard an email once but already weeks have gone by without a word, he said he would get back.
thanks

Pred

I have been trying for days to get you to email/ICQ me directly to try and assist you with the issues you’ve been encountering with Moniker yet you don’t contact me and continue to bash Moniker on this board!

While there have been some changes here at Moniker, we haven’t gone downhill. There were recent upgrades/enhancements that only made us better! Monte didn’t sell Moniker out….he’s still here and shows up to the office everyday! If you’re having issues/problems, let me or even Monte know what they are so we can help you get them resolved instead of continuing to board bash!

I’m sorry if you had past issues with Chris. Going forward, I will be your Moniker Account Executive and (just like many people have posted) I’m good at what I do. I’m available via email and ICQ. I don’t carry around a blackberry for nothing. ;-)

I have read the boards Pred. I’m sure there are a few people who once loved Moniker don’t love us anymore. Yet on the flip side - there are LOTS of people who (still) do love us!
I’m guessing it’s just a personal preference – which I’m ok with.

Look Pred, I’m not looking to get into an board war with you. All I want to do is help you get whatever issues you have resolved once and for all.

Come on Pred….it’s Thanksgiving. Let’s be thankful huh?

Let me know how I can help!

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'll get lucky and have the opportunity to meet you one day at T.R.A.F.F.I.C

Then I can enjoy you in person

:whip:

Last edited:

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'll get lucky and have the opportunity to meet you one day at T.R.A.F.F.I.C

Then I can enjoy you in person

:whip:

You're bordering on creepy here dude....

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Bari,
thanks I pmed u.
u could have pmed me u know lol

ok, thanks for sorting those probs for me, you were a great help.

i just want to draw attention to a few other problems as this was point of thread to alert members to glitches and problems.

the first thing was the pricacy, it seems if you add privacy it wont always be added even though paid, so you have to go to name click, and reapply in account, that should work. support didnt get back, luckily bari got them to even though i figured out problem.

secondly, AFTER all this i rtegistered some domains and they didnt even have any dns :eek:
i only noticed as redirected and it didnt work, when i checked whois there was no dns :eek:
with thanks from Bari, she got support/techs to fix, but this is very disconcerting and is meaning im checking evrthing, and i have LOT of domains

Last edited:

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker is a mess and this is an understatement.
They have more bugs than anyone can imagine.
Bugs with dns, privacy, renewals, etc. You name it!

They are actually losing money with a few of them but since they don't admit anything is wrong I will not tell them.

I am slowly moving out.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Bari,
thanks I pmed u.
u could have pmed me u know lol

ok, thanks for sorting those probs for me, you were a great help.

i just want to draw attention to a few other problems as this was point of thread to alert members to glitches and problems.

the first thing was the pricacy, it seems if you add privacy it wont always be added even though paid, so you have to go to name click, and reapply in account, that should work. support didnt get back, luckily bari got them to even though i figured out problem.

secondly, AFTER all this i rtegistered some domains and they didnt even have any dns :eek:
i only noticed as redirected and it didnt work, when i checked whois there was no dns :eek:
with thanks from Bari, she got support/techs to fix, but this is very disconcerting and is meaning im checking evrthing, and i have LOT of domains

Thanks Pred - I'm glad I was able to help. As for the additional issues you brought up, I have tech working on them!

Moniker is a mess and this is an understatement.
They have more bugs than anyone can imagine.
Bugs with dns, privacy, renewals, etc. You name it!

They are actually losing money with a few of them but since they don't admit anything is wrong I will not tell them.

I am slowly moving out.

Hey dvdrip

I'm sorry if you've experienced any inconvenience with Moniker however we're not a mess nor do we have more bugs than anyone. If you're running into an issue, please hit me up directly and I'll be more than happy to assist you!

THANKS

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You must be kidding me...
For every single thing I do with the control panel I have to double check.

Last think I did was that I transfered 7 domains to moniker. 5 of them I chose to have privacy on. I paid for 5 privacy. Now all 7 have privacy on. WTF?

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You must be kidding me...
For every single thing I do with the control panel I have to double check

I'm in the same boat. For the last year my domains will just randomly desynchronize with the Whois server, leaving me with two separate expiration dates [which one is correct, who knows??]. I feel absolutely paranoid, because it only seems to happen to my best domains, one of which went into expiration status a few months back, despite having been renewed through 2013. To make matters worse, they've stopped responding to tickets completely, AGAIN. When I can afford it, I'm going to move all my domains in bulk out of Moniker. It's an absolute must for me that my registrar of choice answer support inquires. With Moniker it's always the same old game of having to come to DNF to stir up some assistance.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have found a lot of desynchronized domains myself now that I am transferring out.
I have a single support ticket dedicated to desynchronized domains. :(

I also had a domain in redemption even when it was expiring several months later. This was not a case where a registration year was not added. They just chose to delete my domain randomly. seafood.info type of situation. Fortunately I ran my own monitoring and was able to restore it before it was dropped.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Beyond the bugs, I just cannot understand how or why they let their customer service hit rock bottom every few months. It was bad before Oversee, now it's even worse.

Reaction score
Folks - many of these have already been addressed or are being looked at as i write. i will be back to you with an update shortly....but please note that these are being followed up on.

thank you

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Edit : Don from Moniker cared enough to find out the missing info.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom