Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

intro Hello! New Domainer Here - Johnfaust

This thread is a member's introductory post on DNForum.com.

JohnFaust

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Just thought I would take a minute and introduce myself. I'm a new domainer and am fascinated with "internet real estate". I started buying cannabis/marijuana domain names just before 1-1-14 as a way to get in on the "green rush". Naturally I made some hilariously bad buys but I have put together what I feel is a nice portfolio of cannabis/marijuana names. I will be posting about them in the appraisal section.

Thanks to reading transcripts of adam dicker's interviews at domain sherpa I have gained an apreciation for being a builder of websites and income streams as opposed to merely a holder (nothing wrong with that).

I look forward to learning from the long time members of this forum.

Have a great day!

john

Domain summit 2024

Charles Sweeney

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good luck, buddy! Aren't there any problems with registries when you are registering names and/or putting up sites about illegal substances? Personally I would steer WELL clear of anything like that. Most registries have pretty strict rules about what names can be used for.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As Charles mentioned, there are some problems associated with marijuana domains. Hosting them is difficult. I've had a few websites shut down by multiple hosting providers due to the illegal nature of marijuana.

Angela St. Julien

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome John. You've come to the right place, there are some very knowledge members in this group and I'm sure you learn a lot. I have!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators