Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

trekking

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi All!

Wanted to say a quick hello to the group. I'm excited to be here and learn more about domaining and development. While new to domaining, I started my first website in 2007 and have learned a bit about development and internet marketing along the way. My first site was html but I may be moving over to wordpress sites in the future. While I don't code from scratch I can work with html and php code and I'm good at breaking it too, but it's been a fun learning experience and ready to learn more and add to the conversation where I can:).

See ya'll on the forum.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey man! Welcome, and it's good to know we have more good people on board here :)

Tell us about your first website if you want, we love to hear stories good or bad! :cool:

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to DNF

domainbartender

Your name server since 2008.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I started off with web dev too, and discovered the domaining world much much later. I know you'll be around for a long time to come. So, welcome!

manyagem

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello trekking, and welcome. I've been running e-commerce sites for the past 10 years, selling actual (not virtual) goods. That's very satisfying but there comes a time (I'm 67) when the physical effort makes it time to call it a day. Domaining in the virtual world offers an alternative. It may not be as satisfying as dealing with real customers but the opportunities are there if you're prepared to listen to advice from seasoned practitioners. If you don't listen to the advice and take it on board, the chances are you won't succeed. This is a good place to start. Good luck!

btw, I guess a good reason to go domaining is you can combine it with trekking. Happy travels.

trekking

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey man! Welcome, and it's good to know we have more good people on board here :)

Tell us about your first website if you want, we love to hear stories good or bad! :cool:

Thanks Focus! The first website is still running:). It's within the medical tourism travel niche, primarily dental holidays. It provides a marketing channel for clinics/hospitals and also assist with the scheduling.

There is a lot of competition within the industry for a limited number of medical/dental travelers, the stories in the papers about millions of medical tourists is exaggerated, but it is an interesting industry to be in and it is nice to be able to help people get treatments that they may otherwise not been able to get at home.

trekking

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello trekking, and welcome. I've been running e-commerce sites for the past 10 years, selling actual (not virtual) goods. That's very satisfying but there comes a time (I'm 67) when the physical effort makes it time to call it a day. Domaining in the virtual world offers an alternative. It may not be as satisfying as dealing with real customers but the opportunities are there if you're prepared to listen to advice from seasoned practitioners. If you don't listen to the advice and take it on board, the chances are you won't succeed. This is a good place to start. Good luck!

btw, I guess a good reason to go domaining is you can combine it with trekking. Happy travels.

Thanks Manyagem! I hear you on what what goes into building and maintaining a site, probably the biggest for me is the seemingly non-stop marathon of internet marketing, seo and staying one step ahead of the other sites. But I will listen, interestingly what I seem to hear over and over is to invest in one or two a good name instead of 20, 30, 40 or more hand registrations. Although counterintuitive, hand registering a ton of names seems less intimidating, I guess it may just be about overcoming that.

trekking

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I started off with web dev too, and discovered the domaining world much much later. I know you'll be around for a long time to come. So, welcome!

Thank you Domainbartender. Yes wish I had discovered domaining a bit earlier, I stumbled upon domaining while researching Exact Match Domains. Despite the EMD algo update, I still see a lot of geo+keyword domains doing really well in search often better than brandables and was reading up on it when I came across a post about EMDs on a dominating blog (not sure which one now). That was the catalyst and I was hooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators