Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Help - Flippa transaction fraudulent

Status
Not open for further replies.

condoleezza

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I had an email from flippa to say a domain name i bought through their site yesterday was sold to me by a fraudster. Paypal won't give me the details of the fraudster and are still holding the funds and althogh i have raised a dispute, they will still release the funds to the fraudster if he answers the dispute saying he has sent me the domain!!! What a joke.................

Does anyone have the telephone number of flippa please?

Thanks George

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Flippa doesn't collect details of the users or verify if they are legit. You are better off calling PayPal.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Flippa number: +61.390908200 (Australia)

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
seems to be lots of scammers on flippa...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The new verification process by flippa leaves a lot to be desired but it's a step towards the right direction. Sorry to hear you were caught in the last day of the old system.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who holds payment? Or is payment directed to the seller from the close of the auction?

Is there no verification process (ie, buyer receives domain before payment released to seller)?

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Thanks Guys.

Much appreciated.

George
PayPal will be NO HELP AT ALL!

They do not issue refunds for "Intangible" Goods and PayPal will not even investigate.

Because of the above, if you file a claim...don't be surprised to get a follow up email from PayPal WITHIN HOURS notifying you that the case is closed.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Doc, Flippa does not offer escrow services. It's simply a marketplace. Once buyer and seller exchange the domain and the funds the process continues, e.g. feedback etc. It's the same as if the domains were listed on DNF.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doc, Flippa does not offer escrow services. It's simply a marketplace. Once buyer and seller exchange the domain and the funds the process continues, e.g. feedback etc. It's the same as if the domains were listed on DNF.
There is a sense of trust here (everyone always suspicious of nOObs).

But how in the hell can someone get away with having an auctioning service without any type of escrow or confirmation process is beyond me.

Flippa setting themselves up for a major ass-kicking lawsuit.

Even if they say they are not-responsible , guess what? The courts would most likely say they are! This is a huge misunderstanding among consumers. Saying you are not responsible for (something) does not relieve someone from responsibility. Too many court cases have shown this. Even agreeing to the TOS does not make things as cut and dry as they seem.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seems to be lots of scammers on flippa...
I dunno, but it's more difficult to sell tainted domains on DNF - too many watchful persons :D
Scammers must therefore move on to softer targets.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The game will change or the people will leave, simple as that. Flippa acts irresponsibly right now by remaining inactive towards trademark domains.

condoleezza

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am waiting to here back from flippa. The police have been round to my home and have allocated a crime reference number which i have passed onto paypal. The police internet fraud squad are now dealing with this and they are astounded by paypal's attitude towards victims of fraud who are not covered by paypals insurance. It seems that paypal are only interested in chasing fraud cases in which they have insurance cover and put the uninsured fraud cases to the bottom of the priority list. I will keep you posted on what develops.

Kind regards

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't waste time with PayPal who will never be on your side involving intangible goods such as downloads and domains. You are guaranteed of losing 100% of the time. I once had a case involvig high dollars where buyer said he never ordered but even after I sent paypal all the emails from him regarding the order where he talks about ordering and using the service successfully they refused to even look at them on the grounds they may be doctored-up and it was intangibles anyway. Not only won't they do anything but they do not require or even ask that the product be returned. Paypal is OK with the buyer keeping it and not paying.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a sense of trust here (everyone always suspicious of nOObs).
Right..there is no better way to flesh out a domain related scammer than doing business on DNF.com

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am waiting to here back from flippa. The police have been round to my home and have allocated a crime reference number which i have passed onto paypal. The police internet fraud squad are now dealing with this and they are astounded by paypal's attitude towards victims of fraud who are not covered by paypals insurance. It seems that paypal are only interested in chasing fraud cases in which they have insurance cover and put the uninsured fraud cases to the bottom of the priority list. I will keep you posted on what develops.

Kind regards
Also, you need to file a police report in the seller's jurisdiction.

This is no lie...I was able to recover domains I paid for (19 in total ) to someone in England by simply contacting the internet fraud division in the UK. Within 3 days the seller was contacting me wanting to know where I would like them transferred.

nuco

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Always use escrow.com matter of few $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom