Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Help for hijacked domain manicman com

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberorg

JDM
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I need your guidance for my stolen domain name.

I wanted to transfer my domain name "manicman com" from Register to Godaddy and I requested the transfer code of it from Register.
Register sent me the code, but Godaddy said the transfer code of my domain name was invalid. I asked Register again on the same day and they reconfirmed that the code was correct. I decided to wait. Today, I've tried again with the same code but Godaddy says my domain name is locked.

I asked help from Register and they told me that it was transferred to
Moniker by another person. This domain name was registered on me and I never gave the transfer code to anybody, so the only explanation is that it is
stolen.

Can anyone tell me what I should do in this situation and whether there is a
legal authority to explain the situation and inform the theft of my domain
name to get it back?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Are you Cyber Consulting Services Inc?

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello welcome to DNForum :lol:

cyberorg

JDM
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes Acro, I am Cyber Consulting Services Inc.

Thank you, Carter. It is nice to be here.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The domain apparently was moved to Moniker yesterday. Contact them to indicate that the domain was wrongfully moved.

cyberorg

JDM
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the information Acro. I' ve already informed to Moniker, Register and present whois contact of the domain. The present whois contact just replied my email as below.

"I bought the name when it expired. You failed to renew it and it
became available. Your accusations are 100% false."

I am sure that the expiration date is 7/17/2009. If he says the truth then Register made a mistake or if it is not then what should I do? How can I know that He bought that domain as an expired?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Could you please tell us since when you've owned the domain?

cyberorg

JDM
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I' ve bought it from Snapnames on 8/24/2008 and transfer completed date was 8/25/2008 on Register.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Looks correct. And yes, it was expiring in 2009. But all the time under your possession, the Technical contact has been "[email protected]"

Somehow, it ended up in the hands of the other person. If you have a payment receipt from Snapnames and the transfer request payment to Register, that should help you to settle your case at Moniker.

cyberorg

JDM
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have payment mail from snapnames and the payment made by my credit card. I did not pay to register anything, they never requested for it. I think snapnames arranged the payment for it to register.

I want to write some interesting information (I've just realized) on that subject.

Before I phone to register (to request the auth code) I received an email from register. It was about the domain transfer request (written below).

"Register.com received notification on 9/22/2008 that you have requested a transfer of manicman.com to another domain name registrar."

I thought that the message sent me because I started the transfer process on godaddy, then godaddy informed the register about transfer process. I thought, it was the reason of the mail I received from register. Because I did not know the exact process.

I called to register, they made some security things on phone for my identity. I asked my inquiry. 4 hours later, I have the auth code mail. I tried that code but it was invalid.

Now I realize that the mail I received from register means somebody enter the auth code and transfer process has just began. I did not know before, because there was nothing about it in the mail.

How Register made the transfer before I called and ask for the auth code?
That is interesting.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Register.com would sell their grandmothers if they could make money from them !!. It
never ceases to amaze me how scummy all these Registrars have become in their rush to auction off clients domain names. Where is ICANN in all this ?? Nowhere to be seen or heard and ICANN is totally and utterly useless organisation who just milk money
from people.

DG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom