Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Help! got Domain with 4000+ daily uniques and no $

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebbotage

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

some month ago I got the domain **del** just since 6 days I parked at sedo(I know: newbie) and see more then 4000 visitors came every day!! but no clicks :-( why I asked here? because 94% came from the US and the domain have no google links? are this type-ins? any ideas to make a little $xx ? please help!

regards, sebastian

Last edited:

poing

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm, difficult one, especially since the visitors are coming from North America. The domain itself appears to mainly have been parked over time (I checked the history at archive.org).

A Google search told me that this might be leaked traffic from http://adfx.net.ru , however I am quite surprised that your traffic mostly originates from North America.

With the Sedo account you have, can you see any referrer stats? Those might help to provide some further information.

Hope this helps,
/Frank

McDot

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a similar case and took the Domain off parking to analize traffic.
99% was just crawlers.

No idea why such things happen with certain domains.:confused:

Mr. Pim

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try Trafficz, they pay for traffic even if you don't get any clicks.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Curves like these are sometimes indicative of PAID traffic... some service that is bought and paid for to deliver traffic to your site, automated or otherwise, in order to market or boost a domains's value.

Is it possible that you bought the domain based on the traffic stats perported to you and now you are seeing the same results... the previous owner bought his traffic?

Natural traffic, type-in traffic, would have SOME clicks because the idea there is that they typed in your domain with a purpose in mind, they intended to find something there.

There is also the idea that your content is SO FAR from what the traffic is looking for that no clicks are happeneing.... but I can't see that happening.

I would be looking at your traffic source as closely as possible... targeting, consistant, high volume traffic with no clicks like you have sounds like purchased traffic to me.

If it is, it will have an end and you will see the numbers come WAY down and FAST.

A newbie with a SeoPro Account? That's pretty impressive too. :)

GoPC

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After studying the graph it appears to be unnatural traffic for such a steady and steep rise in traffic day after day. Plus, you would almost definately have some clicks with such high traffic.

IMO it is likely from buying paid or free traffic programs. However, that is only a guess and may not be accurate.

P.S. Even if on Trafficz the traffic may not count as all the parking firms have ways to filter out this kind of traffic, including redirected traffic.

sebbotage

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Curves like these are sometimes indicative of PAID traffic... some service that is bought and paid for to deliver traffic to your site, automated or otherwise, in order to market or boost a domains's value.

Is it possible that you bought the domain based on the traffic stats perported to you and now you are seeing the same results... the previous owner bought his traffic?

Natural traffic, type-in traffic, would have SOME clicks because the idea there is that they typed in your domain with a purpose in mind, they intended to find something there.

There is also the idea that your content is SO FAR from what the traffic is looking for that no clicks are happeneing.... but I can't see that happening.

I would be looking at your traffic source as closely as possible... targeting, consistant, high volume traffic with no clicks like you have sounds like purchased traffic to me.

If it is, it will have an end and you will see the numbers come WAY down and FAST.

A newbie with a SeoPro Account? That's pretty impressive too. :)

GoPC

this is a backorder domain, 3 months ago..

purchased traffic.. sounds possible? but many traffic notthing without a "click" ;-)

PS: I decide for PLATIUM Account to get access to the sales forums and domain tool. :)

regards,
sebastian

I change to ND now, will see traffic-stats there next few days..

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
doing some research myself , i can only tell you to try the keywords
ad design or webdesign - these are the most likely to work - if you still don't get any clicks, i would need to see the lower part of the page you made the sceenshot to see the referrers.
hope this helps and good luck

sebbotage

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SEDO do not show referrers, only what you see on the screenshot.. thank you so far.

regards, sebastian

scottle

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a similiar situation although the # of uniques per day is only around 100 with few clickthroughs in 2 months being parked. I just made a 1 page web site so I could gather some stats. The daily visitor traffic is about 20 per day after one week. It isn't indexed in many search engines yet. I've owned the domain name for over 7 years but never did anything with it. Should have monitized it a long time ago but didn't know any better.

I'm of the opinion that a lot of uniques are just crawler traffic.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My sedo shows referrers... there below the screenshot you have there. It gives you the % of from which referrers you are getting some traffic. Even if it's as low as 1%.

If you don't have any referal traffic, perhaps the 4000 uniques are completely natural, unlreated, type-in traffic that is growing every single day.

You, my friend, would then be sitting on a gold mine once you fiure out how to convert it to clicks :)

Best of luck!

GoPC

Gabriel

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For me it is the target of a virus (AdFX), that shows ads on infected machines. Traffic is from USA because the infected machines are mostly there.

d_n

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same problem here, getting 300+ uniques a month to atdog .com (coming from France 57,1 % | South Korea 13,6 % | Great Britain 13,3 % | United States 10,0 %...). Considering i'm french and that french people are not so good english speakers, i even tried "hot dog" keywords... Nothing changed regarding the 0 clicks received so far...:confused:

-netPH-

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I suggest that you take that off sedo parking and host it with an awstat to observe what's happening there. I'm sure the sedo guys won't like that and for possible termination.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I suggest that you take that off sedo parking and host it with an awstat to observe what's happening there. I'm sure the sedo guys won't like that and for possible termination.

Not if there are no clicks.

-netPH-

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
useless to park then to a PPC. host it and see that's going on. If they were real visits then there's some CPM parking but if thoes were just hits from images, scripts, browser hijackers, popups, iframes etc, even without clicks then I'm sure thoes PPC parking would reject that, just for "possible" problems ahead.

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For me it is the target of a virus (AdFX), that shows ads on infected machines. Traffic is from USA because the infected machines are mostly there.

Agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom