Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

??? HELP! Is PAYPAL Going Down in Flames ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Grammar. :)

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PayPal has been great for me. If you want to accept credit card payments otherwise, you end up with a merchant account. That ends up costing a lot more than PayPal.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jh3
Paypal is great, I have been using them forever and have never had even 1 issue with them or 1 complaint. They are great and I don't know what I would do without them.
So jh3- I'm still alittle unclear. Does the above quote mean:

1) you care about all the people who have lost so much money, but you just love paypal regardless of what they do, or

2) you don't care so long as it doesn't affect you personally?

and if it's number 2, then why were you so fired up at domainp and opencg about ouch.com? I don't believe you bought it or were personally affected by it were you? Just curious if there is a double standard at play here.
Originally posted by jh3
Why would they screw you unless you are doing something fraudulent and in that case they are helping everyone else out by removing you. I have probably had about $40k in transactions through Paypal and not even 1 hickup.
And by the way, did you read any of the stories at any of the links provided? Or ANY of the posts in this thread by people who were not doing ANYTHING fraudulent, but STILL got screwed by paypal? Or were they all lieing? Sounds like a "Paypal can do no wrong" attitude!

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jh3
Why would they screw you unless you are doing something fraudulent and in that case they are helping everyone else out by removing you.

A great post jh3, a typical average human being reaction.
Please, don't take it personaly, but this is exactly how the world turns at this moment:

" (I never did anything wrong so) As long as I am not in jail, opressed, killed, tortured, raped, punished, etc., those who are, surely deserve it for some reason."

Planet Earth is actually a great place to live on.

P.S. Not sure if you were actually joking.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by options
" (I never did anything wrong so) As long as I am not in jail, opressed, killed, tortured, raped, punished, etc., those who are, surely deserve it for some reason."

P.S. Not sure if you were actually joking.
Hey options! How sad, but how true! As long as it doesn't personally affect me- it MUST be ok!

Just ask: The Bosnians, The Iraqis under Saddam, The Stalin Era Russians, The Ugandans, The Jews under Hitler, the Afghanis under the Taliban, etc... ....... etc...... on and on and on.......

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Paypal does not accept my credit / debit card in their system. Everywhere else accepts it, except paypal. I told them the reason for this is because they market their own Paypal debit card.

Anyway, to test them, I opened up an additional bank account and got a mastercard credit / debit card. The same thing happened again. It will not accept it in their system. They lie and say it is your bank or credit institution's problem.

Anyone else with the same problem?

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ClassicNames.com
Paypal does not accept my credit / debit card in their system. Everywhere else accepts it, except paypal. I told them the reason for this is because they market their own Paypal debit card.

Anyway, to test them, I opened up an additional bank account and got a mastercard credit / debit card. The same thing happened again. It will not accept it in their system. They lie and say it is your bank or credit institution's problem.

Anyone else with the same problem?

Where do you guys come up with this nonsense?

shit classic you are a moderator and here you are calling calling Paypal liars because YOU have a hypothisis that the reason your cards are no good is because paypal offers ther own card ? ..

come on ..get real..

they accept tens of thosands of transactions from hundreds of different credit card companies every day.. are you all boozing tonight ? :laugh:

This thread is ridiculous.. comparing normal cc transaction problems to hitler and such..

EVERY processor has similiar problems ..each and every one.. I dont need to prove it. do a google search on ANY CC processor and you'll find the same problems..

Bid shakes his head and calls it a night..

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner

Where do you guys come up with this nonsense?

shit classic you are a moderator and here you are calling calling Paypal liars because YOU have a hypothisis that the reason your cards are no good is because paypal offers ther own card ? ..

come on ..get real..

they accept tens of thosands of transactions from hundreds of different credit card companies every day.. are you all boozing tonight ? :laugh:

This thread is ridiculous.. comparing normal cc transaction problems to hitler and such..

EVERY processor has similiar problems ..each and every one.. I dont need to prove it. do a google search on ANY CC processor and you'll find the same problems..

Bid shakes his head and calls it a night..

Bid

I use paypal all the time. I am frustrated with the fact that my debit card is good anywhere on the internet and any and all stores that I physically go to. Why is it that paypal is the only one that does not accept the debit card? paypal told me to get a new card. I opened a new bank account, go a different debit card from above and the same thing happened. Paypal's upper management says it is Harris Banks problem. Harris bank says there full of $hit. You make the call.

Are you saying that your debit card works with paypal? If so then say it.

Whether it is here of in the mods forum, you always are the instigator.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MY debit card has always worked with PayPal (Fleet), but its even easier to just hook it up with your checking account, than to use a credit card. If PayPal didn't except my debit card, I'd be annoyed to... and then I'd use a credit card. For a number of reasons, I never expected debit cards to work in every circumstance credit cards did, but that's just me, --that's my little suspicions.

Always remember though:
"When process your credit card with Paypal make sure that your credit card billing address is the same as your shipping address or it will not accept it. Keep that in mind."

I recently had to PUSH a card through my Authorize.net merchant account manually. It was from the Phillipines and from a trusted client. Authorize.net could not automatically approve it, because the bank wasn't giving out valid address information on the holder. --Ergo, the fraud screen could NOT run a "check" on the billing address my client gave me and the one on the card. This throws up all sorts of flags when running high-volume transactions. PayPal may be being a little STRICTER than your other merchants too. Might be trying to match more than just your name and zipcode. Physical locations generally aren't matching jack, and other Internet stores may be more lax in their automate fraud screening.

~ Nexus

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While it's worrying/a shame/an outrage [delete as appropriate] that people have issues with Paypal, the comparisons to deals gone rotten here on these Forums is totally irrelevant.

Paypal processes millions upon millions of transactions a month. In fact according to this article they process over 115,000,000 transactions per year.

Now imagine that just 1 in every 100,000 transactions produces a problem of some kind. That would be 1,150 "horror stories" a year, yet their system would still be 99.999% reliable.

So to compare them with some scammer who rips somebody off for $35 (or whatever) over a couple of domains after one or two transactions is just laughable.

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its not about reliability, its about their bad business practices, customer support and partially about general attitude of public.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Edwin
While it's worrying/a shame/an outrage [delete as appropriate] that people have issues with Paypal, the comparisons to deals gone rotten here on these Forums is totally irrelevant.

Paypal processes millions upon millions of transactions a month. In fact according to this article they process over 115,000,000 transactions per year.

Now imagine that just 1 in every 100,000 transactions produces a problem of some kind. That would be 1,150 "horror stories" a year, yet their system would still be 99.999% reliable.

So to compare them with some scammer who rips somebody off for $35 (or whatever) over a couple of domains after one or two transactions is just laughable.
Hey Edwin. You raise several interesting points.

First, ANY fraud or bad business practice is relevant and worthy of comparison to DNF transactions. Perhaps you did not understand the comparison. I've seen people at DNF rant and rave about one personal transaction for 20 or 30 dollars gone bad, but there are allegedly many Paypal customers who have lost THOUSANDS, but Paypal still gets a vote of confidence? The seeming indifference to this pain and suffering was the point.

Secondly, yes Paypal DOES do a lot of transactions, and inevitably some of them will go bad. The difference is HOW THEY DEAL WITH IT! Anytime my bank (a little institution you may have heard of, Bank of America) has made an error, they ALWAYS correct it. Usually immediately. Paypal apparently ignores it's cheated customers for months, and in some cases forever. Do you approve of this practice, or excuse it just because of their volume of transactions?

Every institution calling itself a bank is strictly regulated. Paypal is NOT strictly regulated, and has strongly fought off federal regulation and designation as a bank. Why? MAYBE it's because then they would HAVE to deal with their many, many customers who have had their money basically stolen by Paypal's total lack of response to and compassion for their own customers.

I'm sorry, I do think the comparision is not only valid, but important for DNF'ers, since so many use Paypal. Call it fraud, call it cheating, or dress it up as "slipping throught the corporate cracks", the net result is the same- MANY people have lost MUCH MONEY!

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess what it boils down to is, yes you could get stuffed at Paypal, but between the two options, statistically, the odds are heavily stacked in favour of getting stuffed at a forum like this rather than Paypal.
That having been said, any form of "customer" abuse is unacceptable.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
I guess what it boils down to is, yes you could get stuffed at Paypal, but between the two options, statistically, the odds are heavily stacked in favour of getting stuffed at a forum like this rather than Paypal.
That having been said, any form of "customer" abuse is unacceptable.
Webby, I TOTALLY AGREE! This is the very point I was trying to make, and which possibly Edwin missed!

Can anyone say "Verisign?"

One could use Edwin's arguments about "volume of transactions" to "excuse" them for their gross incompetance as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom