Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Help - my domain is listed for sale on Sedo, but I never listed it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacyT.

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was checking the Whois to make sure my info was correct with some of my domains when I discovered that one of them was listed for sale on Sedo.

I only registered this less than 3 weeks ago and had NOT put it up for sale anywhere. The price was in euros and in my opinion, way overpriced.:upset:

Is it correct to assume this was the old registrant? I emailed Sedo, but haven't heard back yet.

Has anyone had this problem? Is it common?
Will Sedo remove it quickly? How can this be prevented in the future?

Lastly, will that listing hurt a potential sale later on (due to exposure or price)? Thanks for any advice.

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's quite common, but what to do about it other than contacting Sedo is another matter.
Sedo verifies ownership when listing the domain, but if it's not sold via sedo the listing may stay even when it has a new owner. (Unless the old owner removes it, which is easy to forget.)

wonder

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It has happened to me before but the listing was removed later, probably by the previous registrant. Technically, it cannot be sold by Sedo once the registrant has changed, unless the new registrant (you) authorize it.

You did the right thing to inform Sedo of the changes.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Add it on Sedo yourself, this way it will go to your account.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
They check the WHOIS; if it doesn't match that of your Sedo profile, the domain is queued for manual processing. Most of the time the latter involves sending an email from the admin holder. However, I have a hunch SedoPro accounts add domains regardless, as a "trusted" source.

jakey123

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It probably will have been from the old owner. Hopefully not a scammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom