Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Help Needed: Got a Respond From a Possible End Buyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantomddl

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello all, i have been trying to find end buyers lately. Actually been a week only.

A few hours ago i received a respond from a .info owner of my domain name:
text2imageh161132011110.jpg

He asked how much the price was

I replied what his budget was in a well written e-mail as i didn't want to scare him away.

Then he replied back:

Code:
Dear *My name*,

Sorry I don’t do business like this. 
I have no idea what its worth and therefore not in position to offer a price. 
I would suggest you submit your best price and I will consider this over the next few days. 
Regards, *His name*

Their business is something to do with network, so i guess they could make use of this domain name.
But i am not sure of how much to offer.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

shellyboy911

4PPO.COM - Unlimited Free SEO + Ai Tools
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe with the domain you have, there will not be many end users especially looking for the .net version. If I bought this domain for say $8 reg fee, I would be happy with $99 sale price. You're not going to get rich off of this deal. If you have the .com version, maybe that will commend a significant more sale price. Good luck to you. Just my 2c

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The end user is right, I dont care what others say you need to have somewhat of a fixed price people lose out all the time because their domain is redirected to a Sedo page that says "make offer". You own the domain and you need to know what it is worth or at least know what a bottom line is you want, crazy to ask what is their budget none of your business. Most end users dont know how to appraise a domain.

However there are exceptions for some premium domains that elicit bidding wars.... but for the most of us have a price in mind!

Last edited:

phantomddl

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input, i have noticed that also, hence why i put it in newbies section.

Though your input doesn't directly help me with my current situation, it will help me with my future sales.

Regards.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As things stand, I would respond in a manner such as this...

"Thanks for your reply. I do respect that you would prefer to have a price to work with, and would be by all means willing to accommodate this for you.

If we can agree on $400 USD, I can initiate a paypal transaction so that we can secure your ownership of this domain name by early this week."

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No real need for complicated english. Usually better to just go with a straightforward "I can sell xxx.com for $ xxx". Once you agree on a price then explain payment, transfer etc...

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No real need for complicated english. Usually better to just go with a straightforward "I can sell xxx.com for $ xxx". Once you agree on a price then explain payment, transfer etc...

You think what I wrote is complicated?

nicot

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would start with a number somewhat higher than the minimum amount I'd be willing to take. If you get lucky, the buyer will accept and you will have more than you expected. If he does not agree, you can still negotiate and at the very least still get the minimum amount that you'd be happy with.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would start with a number somewhat higher than the minimum amount I'd be willing to take. If you get lucky, the buyer will accept and you will have more than you expected. If he does not agree, you can still negotiate and at the very least still get the minimum amount that you'd be happy with.

i agree, i would start off high XXX so you dont scare him off and it gives room for him to negotiate you down (as most would) and you are still happy with the price.

good luck

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't scare him off with a high number. I was being generous with my $400 valuation.

Two very key aspects of what you know about this guy ought to speak volumes to you...

1. The .com is listed for sale. If he really wanted to strengthen his brand past the .info which he already owns (the fact that he used a .info from the get-go also suggests to me that he hasn't got substantial funds behind him), he would obviously have gone for the .com. Even the .com isn't worth more than $1,500 IMO. So, the fact that he's going to the .net says a thing or two to me.

2. He's evidently more shrewd than the average joe, given the email which you had posted. So, I don't think you'll have an easy time pressuring him into anything.

Just my opinion. I say quote $400 and if you can get $200 or more, take it.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Op has a $200 price listed on the Sedo Make Offer page. If he had contacted you directly then that means he wants the domain at a cheaper price.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Op has a $200 price listed on the Sedo Make Offer page. If he had contacted you directly then that means he wants the domain at a cheaper price.

Good find. That said, keep your price at $200, and not a dollar higher. Insist it be done privately, though, so as to not incur Sedo's fee.

phantomddl

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, i sent him an email and i am waiting.
Will let you know the updates :)

phantomddl

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@stock_post
I'm aware of that scam method, but i don't think it is one. Because i contacted him, and he owns .info extension of the domain name.

ronen

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i got a similar message from a person who tried to make me pay for domain appraisal...

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You think what I wrote is complicated?

As things stand, I would respond in a manner such as this...

"Thanks for your reply. I do respect that you would prefer to have a price to work with, and would be by all means willing to accommodate this for you.

If we can agree on $400 USD, I can initiate a paypal transaction so that we can secure your ownership of this domain name by early this week."

More awkward than complicated. Emails like this can easily come off as too try hard. It's simple. You have something. They want it. In fact, they want it so much they sought it out and contacted you. Why jeopardize that dynamic out of some need to embellish.

ronen

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This person offered 10K for a domain of mine, but in order to proceed with the offer he wants me to pay $99 for domain appraisal...

nicot

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This person offered 10K for a domain of mine, but in order to proceed with the offer he wants me to pay $99 for domain appraisal...

Scam for sure, there is absolutely no way a person would be willing to pay 10k for a domain but only if you pay $99 dollars to get it appraised first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom