Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Help needed - weird error in registration process today

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixel42

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok. I encountered an issue this afternoon, when I found a name in Godaddy, added it to my cart, and paid for it and 2 other domains. It was a .DE. Five minutes later, I received an email saying the domain wasn't registered, due to an "unhandled NIC response." I'm wondering if this might mean that NIC's servers are down or something. A WhoIS performed on the name reveals "Bad request, cannot modify _______.de."

I just registered a one-word .DE domain with GD yesterday, so I don't know what the problem is.

I called a Godaddy rep, and they said it was a registrar issue. My question now is, what do I do? Should I place a backorder on this name with Snapnames? I'm a little concerned that between them trying 11 times (according to the rep) to add it to my account and failing, that the domain will end up in someone else's hands.

I tried registering it with Moniker, but was refunded and got an email saying the "registrant must reside in Germany." I guess I have to wait. Should I backorder it with Godaddy or Snapnames as a backup measure?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Maybe it was a hiccup due to the Germans being drunk with joy for thrashing Australia 4-0 at the World Cup. Try again tomorrow.

pixel42

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe it was a hiccup due to the Germans being drunk with joy for thrashing Australia 4-0 at the World Cup. Try again tomorrow.

LOL. I thought about that, actually. Maybe the entire country was overloaded. Seriously, 4-0? I had to work today, and at the time I was driving around, they were up 2. Wow! I'll have to watch a replay of that one.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Australia played well, but the Germans cut through defense with swift diagonal passes. The score was a bit too much but it shows Germany's dominance in the game. Soccer/football aside, have you tried contacting GoDaddy? I am sure they'd give you some more info about what occurred.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.de registry is working without problem. Also I blieve neither GoDaddy nor Snpanames offer backorders for .de domains.

if you want to register .de domains it is a requirement, that the Admin C is a natural person residing in Germany. Simply check the whois of the domain via denic and see if it is available.

DTalk

DomainMan
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Likely to be a .de Nic prob, pixel - Try again (via GD).

I wouldn't backorder elsewhere just yet....The less activity re the domain rego, the less chance of snoopers grabbing it....never know who's front-running.

You're right, Acro....The Aussies were given a right dusting....(sigh)

pixel42

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Soccer/football aside, have you tried contacting GoDaddy? I am sure they'd give you some more info about what occurred.

The first thing I did was call Godaddy. I spent about 20 minutes on the line with a customer service rep, who had the tech people investigate the issue. They tried to register the name in my account 11 times, and ultimately told me it was a server-side issue with the European registrar.

Interesting, Snicksnack. I just checked Denic. It says it's still available. Well, that's a good sign.

I think I have a bit of registration-itis. I seriously need to schedule a consultation with someone far more knowledgeable than me, before I continue buying names. I just picked up 12 more on GD. This was after keyword research, but who knows. I need a cheaper hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom