Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Help please - Nikegear.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
refund? No. But some companies will refund reg fee. It won't hurt to ask. When I first started back in 2003 and didnt know better. Yahoo actually gave me I think it was $24 for each name which was nice since I was clearly in the wrong as you currently are.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 111831

Blatant TM, they obviously know what they are talking about with that letter and they know the law, I say just give it up.

However there is the chance that they simply send letters like that out as a scare tactic and don't actually follow it up with anything - I don't see much harm in letting those five calendar days lapse and waiting until they contact you again with a more stiffly worded letter. You could always say you never got the first one or hadn't had a chance to read it yet.

In the end though, I'd say just give up the name(s).

Quite generous of them. Consider yourself really lucky.

It's not that generous. What is his outlay? $80? Nike's laywers probably charge Nike that every 15 minutes. Cheaper for them to pay the $80 than to spend another hour arguing on the phone with him, sending out more letters etc. And they probably assume TM-squatters don't have many assets to go after so suing him is pointless. Smart business decision on their part, but I wouldn't call it generous. In fact I think he might have been able to get them to pay him something on top of his costs for his troubles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom