Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Help! Shrinking Text...what would cause this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dillpupp

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hopefully someone here who knows more about computers can help me out.
Today out of nowhere the text on some sites I frequent (Yahoo,OVT) got dramatically smaller.I didn't change any settings on anything.
Then today while I was using the OVT tool,which was extremely hard to read because of the mysterious shrinkage,it shrunk AGAIN.Literally,I reloaded the page and the text got even smaller before my eyes.

Here is a screenshot of how OVT looks to me currently:

http://www.geocities.com/nolucksavant/ovt.jpg

I figured out if I check the box on Internet Properties-->Accessibilty--> Ignore Specified Font Sizes on Web Pages then it SOMEWHAT fixes the problem,but it's not optimal at all.
Now some text sizes are abnormally large in many places they shouldn't be.Does anyone know what could have happened?
Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks

Domain Days 2024

Axioma

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did you move the scroll wheel in your mouse or keyboard while pressing ctrl key?. Try setting font size to normal (ctrl+0 in firefox)

dillpupp

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot for the reply...I think you're right.I have a laptop and have been using the CTRL key alot lately for cutting and pasting.It's very likely I hit the mouse area on accident while holding down CTRL.
I am using Internet Explorer through AOL..the ctrl+0 didn't work for me..Is there is similar fix for IE? I really appreciate your help.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try:

View -> Text Size

and try making it larger...

dillpupp

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys,I got it figured out now.It just really threw me because I had no idea text size could be affected by holding CTRL and scrolling.It made me think it was something beyond the simple text size option in IE.
I put it back to normal through IE and restarted my comp and it's fine.
I learned a little something today! Thanks again.

Axioma

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you got it solved. It still happens to me from time to time. It's a function that should be buried further in web browsers or deactivated by default, IMHO. I understand there's a reason for it, but it can drive some users insane before they figure out what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom