Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service Help someone to give me some thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi
i just build an seopanel which allow user to check their web performance on major search engine. My report include PR, PageWeight, MetaData, BackLink, and IndexLink. It also allow user to subscribe to certain RSS news like ReuterTechnology, Internet.com, Live8News and so on.

I somehow feel that my panel is not good enough. I had give it a deep thought, but still cant find out what is needed to improve. I need help from you guys to give me more idea. Please hop in and try out my new tool

http://www.hotwebtools.com/SEOtools/RL/login.php
username: demo
password: panel

**Please focus more on the reporting section. I feel that it need imrpovement
Thanks

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was thinking that maybe you could offer a whole suite of web tools for the user, mainly the most useful ones.

-Stat counter. Members definitely needs a stat counter to check traffic, which plays the biggest role search engine performance.

-Alexa ranking. It may not necesarily be accurate but it is still what most people check up on to see how their site is doing.

-Wayback Machine. This will help users that plan to purchase a domain know if it has been established before and might already have better placement on search engines.

-Promote button - Direct it to a page full of advertising services like Google Adwords, etc. You could offer a paid service, too, where you would submit the member's site(s) to forums, directories, etc.

-Earn Cash button - Direct it to a page full of affiliate sites that will pay money for banners, contextual links, etc.

I also have some thoughts on the design of your site, which can be made better than it already is. When I first entered the site, I felt that colors were awkward. The site's name is Hotwebtools.com but the colors aren't "hot." You should change the colors to a warm orange or red, rather than go with blue and yellow. Also on the home page, there is an huge amount of text and a few small pictures. Plus, all the content is squished together and with the small font size, the site is really hard to read. I would recommend using less text and spacing out the features. Take a look at statcounter.com as an example.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you planning on reselling this SEOpanel, or is this purely a development project?

BRK Network

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've a decent theory about when to open a page in new window and when to not. In my humble opinion, in most cases:

Indoor links should open in the SAME window. (e.g. www.hotwebtools.com/meta)
Outdoor links should open in NEW window, if you don't want to lose any visitors. (e.g. www.dnforum.com)

I've a tendency to close both windows, when an indoor page opens in new window. Tabbed browser (firefox, etc.) users will not care that a lot, but it is a big problem for IE users, at least for me.

So, maybe you'll prefer to open "On Hotwebtools.com" pages in the same window.

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:)
Thanks for the incoming advices. I will try to fix it up. Anymore suggestion please!

gariben said:
I would suggest to drop the "login" screen.

Most people don't sign up for these services anymore.

I require visitors to be a member is because they are going to insert url and keywords into my database. If they are not registereed, it will be impossible for me to tell who is owning this url and keyword and news subscription :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom