Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

help with sale cancelation pls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
hi, i have accepted th offer, but soon after have changed my mind, but sedo says:

Unfortunately it is not possible to cancel the transfer of DOMAIN NAME as

you are legally bound to the sale. Please note that if we had to cancel

the transfer the buyer would be able to initiate legal measures against you

pls help, they will not transfer now my domain without my permission , innit?:director:

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry you must follow through with the sale.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry, you already gave permission. :/ You might be able to work something out with the new owner though.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have so many buyers from sedo who break the contract and don't pay after agree upon a price. I don't see why you cannot.

Sedo doesn't do anything to inforce this rule. I don't see how they always say "legally bound to the sale" but they don't even ban or restricted those who fail to proceed on the sale.

The question is... will your buyer go out of the way to find a lawyer to sue you? I don't think so...

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Angel if you refuse to accept payment and not transfer the domain then SEDO do nothing about it.

However it really is bad domain karma not completing a sale after you agreed. If it is a genuine mistake then your should call sedo and tell them.

But if its sellers regret then shame on you. :)

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Is it a big sale?

You can "cancel" by not accepting any payment for the domain, still i'd recommend you stick to your first decision, learn the lesson so it won't happen again.

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you have no intention of selling at that price why agree in the 1st place... if you mean you click the wrong button it is still acceptable.
but if you regret your decision, then you are not professional.

anyway, if you dont want to complete the transaction, sedo cannot force you to unless the buyer wants to take legal action.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
thanks, the sale is not something big- like 500usd, i just have changed my mind quickly, think, any business allowing to do so..
was my first sale on sedo, so i got messed up a lil, ty

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Varchar said:
I have so many buyers from sedo who break the contract and don't pay after agree upon a price. I don't see why you cannot. Sedo doesn't do anything to inforce this rule. I don't see how they always say "legally bound to the sale" but they don't even ban or restricted those who fail to proceed on the sale. The question is... will your buyer go out of the way to find a lawyer to sue you? I don't think so...

Since you have been burned many times why do you now seem in favor of her acting dishonest and reneging on the sale and legal contract? You should be more against this than most others yet you seem to be on her side and giving advice.

ExpireGuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Offer was accepted...clear and simple...as stated Sedo won't enforce your change of mind, but this type of action looks bad on all sellers that reneg and endusers will be more the skeptical when putting forth an offer.....go through with the sale and chalk it up as a learning experience.

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
go through with the sale

learn to consider offers with more thought before accepting in the future

since you just posted here that someone made an offer, you accepted (all on sedo), your reputation to at least me would be ruined for reneging on a deal with no good reason. follow through.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Angelx666 said:
thanks, the sale is not something big- like 500usd, i just have changed my mind quickly, think, any business allowing to do so..
was my first sale on sedo, so i got messed up a lil, ty
You are saying it is not something big because you think you could sell it for more in the future and this might be something big,.. why would anyone trade with you again if they think after you reached an agreement you want more money?

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you should go ahead with this transaction and take it as a learning experience. I have fumbled a few times but did not renege on an agreement. You just accept the money and go ahead unless you want to tarnish your name while you know that trust, confidence and consistence are vital features in any form of business.
just my 2 euro cents

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Go ahead and keep your name clean. Don´t forget you will have a lot of domains to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom