Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Hey Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

Heh, anyone with more than 10 domains to his name is a cybersquatter, imHo.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
man .. the legs that you guys give BS threads ... amazing!

Shaun

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mole squatted and squirted:

Heh, anyone with more than 10 domains to his name is a cybersquatter, imHo.
++++++++++++++++++++

Maybe the first target of your crusade can be Proctor and Gamble. They are a very high profile owner of several thousand domain names.

britishangel

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Nice to see we're still calling me names, what a big man you are sweetheart you should be proud

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
kids .. let it friggin go ...

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just so everybody knows, we are discussing a disclaimer amongst the mods and admins. . .
+++++++++++++++

That's a healthy start, but I would do more than just a disclaimer.

I would flat out prohibit the sale of domains containing famous and distinctive trademarks. The "reasonable man" standard will work.

Offering to sell this kind of domain is CLEARLY a violation of law. It's a no-brainer policy.

M

mole

Moral of the story - MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. Members can chose to do what they want and think, so long as it does not violate the TOUs of this, which the subject apparently hasn't. Self-righteousness feels good doesn't it?

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moral of the story - MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

IT IS VERY MUCH MY BUSINESS. I AM A COMMUNITY MEMBER AND BUYER. AND I TIRED OF CYBERSQUATTING WHICH DAMAGES MY BUSINESS.

Members can chose to do what they want and think, so long as it does not violate the TOUs of this, which the subject apparently hasn't.

CYBERSQUATTING IS ILLEGAL. SINCE WHEN CAN ANY RULES HERE SUPERCEDE LAW?

Self-righteousness feels good doesn't it?

SURE DOES, ESPECIALLY WHEN ONE IS RIGHT!

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DCC I understand the point you are attempting to make but it seems like you are fighting a loosing battle against popular opinion. There are other forums you can conduct your biz on, although you may run into the same bump in the road.

Good effort, but I reccomend you let it go.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DCC I understand the point you are attempting to make but it seems like you are fighting a loosing battle against popular opinion.

WHO CARES ABOUT POPULAR OPINION?

There are other forums you can conduct your biz on, although you may run into the same bump in the road.

MY BUSINESS IS NOT EFFECTED. I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

Good effort, but I reccomend you let it go.

IF YOU ARE SAYING I SHOULD ADMIT THAT I AM WRONG WHEN I AM NOT, MY ANSWER IS: NO

DNF MEMBERS SHOULD NOT BREAK THE LAW. WHY IS THAT SUCH A TOUGH CONCEPT TO GRASP AND ACCEPT? BECAUSE YOU MAKE MONEY BY BREAKING THE LAW?

THERE IS HUGE POTENTIAL LIABILITY FOR THE OWNER OF DNF IF THIS FORUM IS KNOWINGLY USED AS AN OUTPOST FOR PEOPLE TO ENGAGE IN WHOLESALE TRADEMARK THEFT OF FAMOUS AND DISTINCTIVE MARKS. IT IS VERY EASY TO STOP IT. THE PERPS ARE EASY TO SPOT. I AM BEING THE GOOD GUY BY POINTING THIS OUT.

M

mole

Originally posted by DotComCowboy
THERE IS HUGE POTENTIAL LIABILITY FOR THE OWNER OF DNF IF THIS FORUM IS KNOWINGLY USED AS AN OUTPOST FOR PEOPLE TO ENGAGE IN WHOLESALE TRADEMARK THEFT OF FAMOUS AND DISTINCTIVE MARKS.

I don't see any forum that says PIRATE COVE on DNF? :confused:

Being personally judgemental of the actions of others will win you no points here. This is a forum, not a church :sick:

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't see any forum that says PIRATE COVE on DNF?

I THINK YOU MEAN THE 'DOMAINS FOR SALE' SECTION, BECAUSE WITHOUT RULES WHICH SAY THAT POSTERS MUST COMPLY WITH THE LAW, A 'PIRATE COVE' IS EXACTLY WHAT IT HAS BECOME.

Being personally judgemental of the actions of others will win you no points here. This is a forum, not a church.

I DO NOT WANT OR NEED SUCH 'POINTS.'

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As I said, BritishAngel is just an example.

Hers isn't the first, last, or worst example of cybersquatting, but she happened at a bad time.

Cybersquatting hurts our industry. We all pay for it.

:(

britishangel

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have already apologised for "happening at a bad time" and have nothing more to say so can we drop the fingerpointing and if you want to carry on this thread fine but leave me out of it

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by URLtrader
Let britishangel do whatever.

Well, if that comment were true,

I have cocaine on sale this week.

Laird Mobi

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know that this thread is long finished, but i must admit that i have enjoyed reading this..... very entertaining! Britishangel you go girl if you want to risk it go for it, Daddy stop being such a big girls blouse and leave people to get on with their own business, it won't hurt you in any shape or form. Dont give yourself a stomach ulcer, stress kills!

britishangel

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
ROFL God this thread was a long time ago, i'm pretty much out of the domain business now but it made me laugh reading this post :D

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DaddyHalbucks said:
I would flat out prohibit the sale of domains containing famous and distinctive trademarks. The "reasonable man" standard will work.

Isn't context relevant? "Apple" is a famous trademark, but if it's used in the context of fruit it's generic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom