Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Hey, Why Not Follow-Up With A BS-er?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 111831

Someone should not have to promote any extension for your domains to be worth more money. Do you see anybody promoting .nl or .de or .com? They have value because there is demand for them, organic natural demand, and there always will be. There will never be natural demand for .us - so any promotion that is done will serve only one purpose: allowing 'premium' .us domain holders to off-load their junk onto a 'greater fool' caught up in the hype created by the campaign.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I A nerve is hit when that opinion is proffered.

I couldn't care less about your opinion on anything David. The only thing that hits a nerve with me is BS artists like yourself who hold themselves out to be better or different than the people they attack when it turns out they are guilty of committing the very same offense or worse. Hypocrites and proven BS artists like yourself hit a nerve with everyone when they refuse to lift even one finger to help themselves - choosing instead to blame their failures on people who have nothing whatsoever to do with the BSer's own complete lack of initiative.

You have obviously gotten nowhere blaming straw men for your inability to produce anything worthwhile. Why don't you try drying your eyes and getting your lazy ass to work and see if you don't get a little bit better results? Who knows, another nine months from now we might then actually see a news item on your own site for the first time. I'm not expecting that though. Odds are overwhleming that another nine months from now your "news" site (that you bragged is coming in Spring 2009) will still be an empty wasteland and you will still be spending your days in domain forums crying about all of the other people who are supposedly holding you back. Hope that doesn't strike a nerve but if the shoe fits, wear it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 111831

Ah, I find that very interesting David! That means that by your own definition YOU are a BS'r and full of crap. Indeed, based on your own "news" site - Chicago.us - and what you said about it when it was launched months ago , I would say you are one of the biggest BS'ers in this entire industry. You are concerned about everyone else's credibility but obviously have no regard for your own which, as I am about to show - is non-existent.

Since you spend so much of your time telling other people how things should be done, I naturally assumed you had to be one heck of a domain development/media expert. I mean what kind of a jerk would spend every waking hour criticizing other people unless they had some pretty impressive credentials of their own? No one would do that, right? I mean wouldn't they spend at least some of that time putting their superior knowledge to work for themselves? In your case, obviously not.

I decided to take a look at just exactly what you have accomplished, so we can all benefit from your expertise and success and maybe one day measure up to all that you have achieved, but unfortunately it turns out you are all hat and no cattle.

Here is the dossier:

Subject: David Corish (alias Broe-foe)
Hometown: Rancho Mirage, California

Job Description: Spend workdays trolling forums lecturing successful publishers on what they are doing wrong even though I don’t have a clue what to do with my own “news” site, "launched" months ago. Advise them that their site is a “joke” even though my own so-called “news site”, despite what I promised months ago, has no original news or commentary at all – zip, zero, nada. Stay so busy telling others how it is done that there is no time left for me to write even one word of original content for my own “news” site (which may or may not be a joke but is certainly a ghost town). Why do that when I can spend all day writing flames on forums that do no one (especially myself) any good. Ignore my own complete failure while ridiculing others. (In another thread here - http://bit.ly/6qJCqp - I told Ron Jackson - "Your "news" journal is a poor excuse for a "news" anything" - but then I speak from experience - as you can all see from Chicago.us, I am obviously a news and publishing expert - though the news part and the publishing thing are giving me a few minor problems.)

Favorite past time: Asking people if they need another tissue. Why? Because I love that line – used to slay them with it in 3rd grade! Also because I keep plenty of tissues around. Comes in handy with my constant crying and whining that someone else is doing well while I am stuck in a ditch (through no fault of my own of course – I’m way too busy criticizing everyone else to spend any time on fixing my own house! It is all Adam Dicker’s fault and of course Kevin Ham, Monte Cahn and Ron Jackson all share the blame for my complete lack of effort too).

Comments: Let me tell you, having a full time gig tearing down everyone else is exhausting! This forum blowhard/crybaby/bully gig (I am a multi-tasker) is no walk in the park! Thank God I have a hobby – this pissing, *****ing and moaning relieves some of the stress from my heavy workload! (though the Kleenex is getting a little expensive).

Having set the stage with that tongue in cheek (just barely) intro, I'll pick up the narrative from here. Based on his own news site, David is clearly a person who believes in the “Do as I say, not as I do” principle. He apparently never heard the old axiom “people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones”.

David launched Chicago.us – Chicago’s News Cog! around the middle of 2009 declaring in his own words that “Chicago.us will be a current, relevant, transparent, important, and useful site for Chicagoans and others. We are inspired in this venture by the obvious decline and inevitable collapse of most printed news media.” With the collapse of printed news media, David determined that former Chicago Tribune and Sun Times readers would flock to a “current” site that hasn’t been updated once since it was launched (hey, when one is in charge of telling everyone else in the media business how it is done, who has time to actually, you know, write anything!).

His idea of fresh content is to stick an automated news feed in every single section of his “important and useful” publication. I probably should point out that it is really Adam Dicker’s fault that this “relevant and transparent” site is just a template with someone else’s feeds on it – nothing original of his own.

Now certainly David could have spent a little of his own time on his own site, but why do that when you could try to sucker a bunch of college kids into producing all of the content for you and have them do it for nothing – not even gas money while they run all over town covering stories for you. Check out David’s ad on the SIUC School of Journalism’s Facebook page in January 2009 (http://bit.ly/53D556 - fourth post down):

"We need the talents of writers, editorialists, columnists, reporters, and photographers for content. In return we offer a window in which the work of those individuals will be displayed and highlighted" (Editor’s note: Wow!, who wouldn’t rather have exposure on an undeveloped, unknown site than useless stuff like money! After all college kids are so well-heeled they have no need for trivial things like “minimum wage.” David would have been a good sweatshop operator but he hates investing his own sweat in anything and there is little time to exploit others because he is too busy pointing out how lame everyone is, other than himself of course).

"Our intuitive URL draws random traffic and inquiries from domestic and foreign individuals expecting to see something important about Chicago at www.chicago.us." (Editor’s note: they’re still waiting). "Approximately 12% to 15% of that traffic has international origin. Chicago.us will be basic in structure with a format similar to any major metropolitan newspaper. We need reporters/writers/photographers, etc., in the following categories:

1) Chicago Headlines
2) Entertainment
3) Environmental/Green Issues
4) Health
5) Business
6) Politics (including political cartoons)
7) Sports
8) International Headlines
9) Editorials/Opinions

Chicago issues and headlines will be the main focus.

Chicago.us is now "under construction", with a developer
building the site." (Editor’s note: could have fooled me. Nothing has been built since this template went up months ago – the big goose egg, not one word, not even a “boo!” to alert people that someone is even breathing at Chicago.us, let alone “building”).

"This is not a "mom and pop" developer, but rather a current, cutting-edge team" (Editor’s note: Whoa! If this do nothing team is cutting edge I have to wonder what you would call a team that actually did something – anything!). "Every bit of cash is being dedicated to site construction, to enable as many site capabilities as possible" (Editor’s note: I see – and with all that cash going to the incredible amount of work that has been done on the site it’s no wonder there was nothing left to pay those ungrateful college kids who refused to do your work for you for nothing!).

"We envision future revenue streams coming from the usual types of classified ads and local retailer advertisements" (Editor’s note: How is that working out for you?). "We will not be charging money for subscriptions. The whole site will be viewable for free" (Editor’s note: I’m shocked. Who would give away this kind of compelling, “current, relevant, important and useful” stuff? Please re-think your strategy here David. If people will pay for a Wall Street Journal subscription, surely they will pay for something truly “cutting edge” like Chicago.us)

"We want to compete with the major Chicago newspapers, while at the same providing a professional showcase for student talent and those professionals in need of a serious outlet for their work" (Editor’s note: All good, except for the “serious” part. You might have a little problem convincing people on that point David).

"Plans include launching Chicago.us in Spring 2009" (Editor’s note: Well, that little deadline slipped by didn't it - but hey, when a guy is so busy lecturing other people on how to run their business, and about how they are "full of crap" if they don't follow up on what they said, who has time for following through on their own commitments!)

"We welcome your suggestions and comments" (Editor’s note: Just a suggestion, but you might try taking a few days off from the forums and actually doing something constructive for your own business. I know it isn’t as much fun as tearing other people down all day but I think youl may see better results from your own site – not that that appears to be anything you are really interested in. I’m sure a pre-occupation with what other sites are doing is far more important to your family than producing a useful site of your own).

Well, who could pass up such a deal? Apparently everyone since this January 2009 appeal resulted in not a speck of new content on Chicago.us. David could do what I and many others in this industry do and work 6-7 days and 80-90 hours a week to produce the content himself – but who would show an ounce of respect for someone that foolish? Heck no – much better to sit in the forums all day ridiculing and reviling people like that. Better to wait on those hated “major players” to clean up their act before starting to work on your own. Once they do that then of course everything that is wrong with your site and business will be magically fixed without you having to invest any time, money or energy of your own.

The truth is most of the players, large and small, have gotten ahead by actually doing something for themselves. I know it is a wild concept David, but you really should give it a try. There is an old saying, “Those who can do, those who can’t criticize.” Judging from the above, you obviously can’t do, so you resort to criticizing.

If you are going to continue to let Chicago.us – Chicago’s News Cog! languish while you berate everyone else’s work, the least you could do to maintain some shred of credibility is change you slogan to Chicago’s News CLOG. Clearly the drain is stopped up and visitors aren’t seeing any real content getting through there.

By the way, why after all of these months are you portraying yourself online as something you are not – Chicago’s News Cog. Surely, there must be something going on in the Windy City – I mean that is pretty good sized town. Didn’t the governor up that way, Blagojevich, do a few things that might have warranted a word or two from Chicago’s News Cog? You accuse others of "turning a blind eye" so why did you turn a blind eye to that? How about all of the other corruption in Chicago that is harming your readers (I mean reader)? Where are your articles and editorials spotlighting those problems? Oh right, no time for that – too busy being a complete hypocrite and telling others who actually do write, how it’s done. But then it always has been a lot tougher to build up something of your own than it is to tear down something that belongs to someone else.

Summary: What kind of jerk puts up a dead on arrival “news” site like Chicago.us then has the unmitigated gall to tell other people with real sites that theirs is a joke? My site is in your words a “poor excuse for “news” anything”? Are there no mirrors in the Corish household? What makes you think you are William Randolph Hearst with your abandoned site and its invisible news? Sorry, I forgot your business plan - it's coming as soon as you can get some kids to do all of the work for you at their expense). Can you say delusional? Any clue bells going off yet? The fact is, I am sorry to say, the real joke is on you and worse yet, it is you.

I finally decided to take your advice David and as the BS-ing spokesperson for your company I am holding you accountable.

You may or may not have a point here, I'm not familiar with broe-foe or his work - however I find it very ironic that you are criticizing him for criticizing others instead of working on his own projects, when you clearly spent at least an hour doing nothing but developing one of the most elaborate criticisms I have ever seen, of him.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen Ron riled up like this in years. :eek:

You got a unique from me. It's frickin cold in Chicago. :yes:

ditto, except replace "years" with the word "ever"

Surprised anyone can question Ron's reporting capabilities and integrity.

As far as cold goes, I am going swimming today (71 degrees)!

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ron's taking time out to make a point. Questioning his integrity is quite ridiculous.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Having made the point I wanted to make, I do have other work to get back to. Have a great remainder of your weekend everyone.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Happy New Year Ron and keep up the great work. Motto of the new decade: negative energy should be flushed through and not even be given the light of day.

simon johnson

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I couldn't care less about your opinion on anything David.

Having made the point I wanted to make, I do have other work to get back to. Have a great remainder of your weekend everyone.

:cheer2:

What a way to start the New Year! :smilewinkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom