Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news Hijacked Domain cwr.com

Ralphix

Level 1
Reaction score
Yes thanks for all your help. I wanted to start with my new startup business this week but now I had to stop all the preparation work. That's Bad Luck. I wanted also deal out another Name in a high 5 figures range on Sedo Platform, but I don't go further with that at the moment.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems that the Uni listing is the old owner.. But they have reached out to him since his data does not match current whois..

I will leave the whois up for now, but we cant let it stand. It contains other peoples info in plain text.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wanted also deal out another Name in a high 5 figures range on Sedo Platform, but I don't go further with that at the moment.
careful, I would get a domaintools membership first and look at the historical whois and make sure you are dealing with a real owner not a thief. Call the old listed owner first.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domaintools memberships are crazy expensive.. An alternative is to buy a domain rapport from reg.com .. Its 3$ per domain and gives you full whois history.

Last edited:

Ralphix

Level 1
Reaction score
Yes thanks you are all right. I have already received from somebody the histories of my lost domain and also from another stolen domain ( GHE.com) and there are a few parallels with my case (not published here). I want just to build up my business.

Ralphix

Level 1
Reaction score
First a great thanks to the DNForum Team for your help. Unfortunately I haven't had any success in getting my money back but I have collected a lot of informations and this guy try again to sell this domains on different platforms also on perfectdomain.com. I am going now to warn other sales platforms for deal with this names CWR.COM.

Ralphix

Level 1
Reaction score
Seems it was an easy scam.

1. Put a valuable domain in its own account with a newly created email.
2. List domain at Sedo or other sales platform
3. Sell domain and get paid under scam whois and overseas bank
4. Use real info and tell registrar the domain was stolen.

Ralphix

Level 1
Reaction score
A new kind of criminality is born on the domain market supported from many registrars and nobody can do something to prevent such stories. That's a shame. What I can do is to warn a few sales platform when I see such listed names.

Reaction score
Seems it was an easy scam.

1. Put a valuable domain in its own account with a newly created email.
2. List domain at Sedo or other sales platform
3. Sell domain and get paid under scam whois and overseas bank
4. Use real info and tell registrar the domain was stolen.

Is this definitely what happened?

Ralphix

Level 1
Reaction score
Somebody was getting for me Informations about the history (Whois) of the domain cwr.com:

WHOIS Registrant Name History of CWR.com according to DomainIQ
December 2014 -- RJR Enterprises Chuck Risley
April 2015 -- Perfect Privacy, LLC [possibly updated 2015-03-12T19:03:30Z]
October 17th, 2018 -- Glenn Smith [possibly updated 2018-10-07T17:26:04Z] *tagging @ninjadomain for comment*
October 18th, 2018 -- Alejandro Garcia Briseno* [possibly updated 2018-10-18T04:19:32Z] [email protected]
October 25th, 2018 -- Perfect Privacy [possibly updated 2018-10-24T18:04:20Z]
December 5th, 2018 -- Protected, WhoisGuard [p. updated 2018-11-03T07:30:15Z] [email protected]**
December 19th, 2018 -- Daehler, R (assuming @Daehler Ralph) [p. updated 2018-12-14T11:47:03Z]
January 4th, 2019 -- RJR Enterprises Chuck Risley [p. updated 2019-01-04T17:21:13Z]
**Registrant Name shows Protected WHOIS Guard, yet it reveals WHOIS Info. The address listed appears to be a UPS store.
upload_2019-1-4_13-56-11.png

Hosting History
upload_2019-1-4_13-53-57.png
Last edited: Friday at 11:12 PM

What we see here exactly in the history of whois what happened. Stolen 17. October and transferred to a oversea account (or fake) on 18. October and listed for sale on different plattforms also Sedo.

Ralphix

Level 1
Reaction score
I have contacted Network Solution to help in clearing the situation and getting some money back. No response. This happens unfortunately a lot with Domains from Network Solutions what I have found out on the web. I have connected now a few computer newspaper and it seems that they are interested in telling about this story. Thanks to all.

Anthony12

Reaction score
Hello,

So Sorry to hear that, and i think it's not so good.

Hope you the best luck in solving the case.

kinnera

Reaction score
When you buy a house or a car, you buy it in your name. You become the rightful owner. And because of that, you can live in your house and drive your car.
Similarly, your domain is also purchased in your name. That’s what makes you its owner and gives you the right to use that domain for your website.
But just because you legally purchase a domain name, doesn’t mean it’s safe from hackers. By using a variety of unethical or illegal tactics, a hacker can transfer the ownership of your domain from your name to someone else’s, and effectively gain control of your domain.
That’s called domain hijacking and it’s something you should be aware of and take preventive measures against.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom