Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Hijacking Alert: Industry Pioneer Has Muliple Domains Stolen From His Enom Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Warren Weitzman's worst nightmare has just come true. He has been in the domain game since 1994 but Weitzman has never seen anything like this. Somehow over a dozen domains have been stolen from his Enom account and he thinks the break-in may have occurred as high as the registry level. Even worse, the thefts may not have stopped yet:
http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/lowdown/2009/dailyposts/20090721.htm

Last edited:

mxdominios

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable to say the least!

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SOMEONE STOLED MINE TOO !!!! WINEWRITER.COM SAME 000domains INC
I JUST CHECKED MY DOMAINS AND WINEWRITER.COM IS GONE FROM MY PORTFOLIO....THIS IS CRAZY... I GOT TO CHECK THIS OUT.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable to say the least!

Agreed.

Thanks for spreading the news Ron!

SOMEONE STOLED MINE TOO !!!! WINEWRITER.COM SAME 000domains INC
I JUST CHECKED MY DOMAINS AND WINEWRITER.COM IS GONE FROM MY PORTFOLIO....THIS IS CRAZY... I GOT TO CHECK THIS OUT.

Bummer man. Give them a call / email / support ticket asap! And change your enom password! Think I'll go change mine now...

Last edited:

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WTF is going on with all these thefts! Unbelievable!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WTF is going on with all these thefts! Unbelievable!
I am involved with one also, but do not want to give any details as it has been given a priority and is being investigated.

From what I have seen with the other posts, all the major registrars are now involved in some sort of domain theft.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That sux, I bet he will get them all back though, plenty of publicity.

On a lighter note, couldn't help but notice the irony of the first stolen domain mentioned:

Adios.com

Alan Glennon

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also disconcerting is that the contact email for the stolen names is, according to domaintools.com, associated with about 126,209 domains

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great...just what we need...

Wonder why they would steal some of those names though..I only saw 2 worth their salt.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How could a domain be transferred again in less than a week when the ICANN rule is 60 days?

Fishy!
That is exactly what happened with me and is being investigated.

Something is going on and someone with access to these systems is involved because this exact thing is NOT supposed to happen.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There has to be something going on at a level beyond your registry.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Registrar hopping can happen, trust me. You just have to know people.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I'm not so sure about that.. I've read a lot of hijacking stories involving GoDaddy.

BUT, most of them are because of people who have had their; web-based e-mails hacked, computers hacked or generally f***ing up the transfer process (by having payments reversed etc.). No registrar should be blamed for that. I'm not saying that's the case here though.

What's more scary is if we can no longer trust the people who work for the different registrars. :uhoh:

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that.. I've read a lot of hijacking stories involving GoDaddy.

BUT, most of them are because of people who have had their; web-based e-mails hacked, computers hacked or generally f***ing up the transfer process (by having payments reversed etc.). No registrar should be blamed for that. I'm not saying that's the case here though.

What's more scary is if we can no longer trust the people who work for the different registrars. :uhoh:

Anyone who is stupid enough to register a domain name using gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc as admin email - is asking for thieves to take their domain name! otherwise, GoDaddy Internal Security team does not go around hopping or transfering domain names from accounts!

I don't trust any other registrar in the business! GD is by far the only trustable company for Domainers. I've had this discussion in the past and was slammed hard and was told enom and moniker is a better choice! I disagree and will never use enom or moniker, they have the worst customer service! How can one trust their assets with a company who takes weeks to reply back to a email support?

For now GoDaddy ranks #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom