Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Hijacking Alert: Industry Pioneer Has Muliple Domains Stolen From His Enom Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Verisign is proposing the implementation of "Domain Name WhoWas" - maybe that'd take care of such hopping around registrars officially.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the more valuable domains become the more inside jobs will occour.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Verisign is proposing the implementation of "Domain Name WhoWas" - maybe that'd take care of such hopping around registrars officially.

Speaking of 'whowas'; DomainTools should've recorded the owner change even if it didn't last very long. I've had domains in Sedo escrow accounts for only hours but they still show up in DT's whois history.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Speaking of 'whowas'; DomainTools should've recorded the owner change even if it didn't last very long. I've had domains in Sedo escrow accounts for only hours but they still show up in DT's whois history.

Only if the domain was looked up by someone e.g. Sedo or the buyer/seller. However, Verisign will implement this layer of WHOIS info at the registry level which means 100% of all changes will be recorded.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Only if the domain was looked up by someone e.g. Sedo or the buyer/seller. However, Verisign will implement this layer of WHOIS info at the registry level which means 100% of all changes will be recorded.

That's a great service. It is free?

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Warren's a great guy. Warren sorry to hear this and hope it works out :(

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fu*k godaddy and their BS backpanel......Dynadot is BEST hands down......imo...:)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If anyone subscribes to that service, I need a gratis search done for my own benefit while the investigation proceeds.

Please PM me if you can provide domain history as described.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I disagree and will never use enom or moniker, they have the worst customer service! How can one trust their assets with a company who takes weeks to reply back to a email support?

For now GoDaddy ranks #1

:pound:... LMAO!!!

The worst huh? Yeah, Moniker sucks on response time, but they are FAR more knowledgeable and professional than Godaddy support, Same goes for Enom, but with Enom, they reply within 24hrs and usually resolve the issue on the first shot, Which is a far cry from Godaddy support, where the client usually receives a generic reply that FAILS to address the real problem, it's only until your ticket is escalated 4 to 6 times, do you get someone with a half a brain to address it.

If you like kids working on your problems, then Godaddy is for you... They are the AOL of Registrars who target newbie's who don't know any better.

Enom is not perfect, I like their interface and have never lost a domain in the 8 years I've used them... Whatever the problem is with these missing domains, I'm confident it will be resolved.

Harry

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The domain name CanadaOpenHouses.com is now being targeted in a foul play "sting" operation by Enom

exponent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've had domains hijacked from Enom, NSI, and GoDaddy (mass hijacking).

Enom was unable to recover any domains.
GoDaddy was able to recover all but one domain.
NSI was able to recover all domains fraudulently transferred.

With the exception of losing a very sentimental domain, GoDaddy has typically outperformed. My only complaint was that GoDaddy seriously bungled the recovery attempt of the domain in question so its probably lost forever (its now at Blisternet).

Enom suspended my account and would not restore access without a court order. When I finally had one, well over a thousand domains were gone.

broe-foe

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Even the permanent loss of one domain due to hijacking/theft is unacceptable. If news outlets featured such a story, surely it should garner attention. The fact that you own over a thousand domains doesn't bode well for your end-user/public image. After all, why would anyone feel sorry for someone owning over 1000 domains? Surely public opinion wouldn't favor your position.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about Fatulous and its extra security ?

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone who is stupid enough to register a domain name using gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc as admin email - is asking for thieves to take their domain name! otherwise, GoDaddy Internal Security team does not go around hopping or transfering domain names from accounts!

I don't trust any other registrar in the business! GD is by far the only trustable company for Domainers. I've had this discussion in the past and was slammed hard and was told enom and moniker is a better choice! I disagree and will never use enom or moniker, they have the worst customer service! How can one trust their assets with a company who takes weeks to reply back to a email support?

For now GoDaddy ranks #1

Hey 24HourDomainer

In all fairness I will agree that Moniker hit a snag a few months back when we switched over from our internal help ticket system to SalesForce. I will admit the switchover did set us back a bit on ticket replies however we are and have been completely up to date with tickets being replied to within 24 hours!

Moniker is by far the safest and most securest registrar in the industry! Moniker systems have NEVER been hacked and domains have NEVER been stolen from us – like they have at other registrars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom