Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service HockeyForum.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

nts

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's a wonderful domain name for a hockey forum. I'd pick up a copy of IPB or vBulletin, whichever you prefer, I'd recommend IPB, but vB is great too. The best way to divide the boards up IMO, would be:

Site News
- Announcements
- Suggestions

General Hockey
- General Hockey chat
- Equipement
- Junior/other teams and leagues

NHL
-Eastern Conference
- Teams as subforums (Tampa, NY, etc.)
-Western Conference
- Teams as subforums

General
- General Chat
- Introductions

That's probably a good way to layout the forums, just need to put up ads around forums like here, advertising the prizes for posting. If you need any assistance, I'd be happy to help you out.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lets not forget to add the AHL, as it gained popularity during the hockey strike.

You could also add a forum for olympic hockey when the time comes around.

One thing you don't want to do is to have a bunch of empty forums. Wait until you're busy to open more specialized forums such as a forum for each team. If forums are seen as empty then users will shy away.

Giving away prizes is an excellent way to promote the site and to keep users there. You could give away a prize for the most posts in a month or the best image uploaded. You can use an image gallery which allows users to vote on images.

Get your friends to post in the forum daily, ask for users here to post for F$. Posts are the most important aspect of running a forum. If there are no posts then no one will show up and start posting. They need a boost to start them off.

Make your forum rules specific, and if necessary post them in each subforum.

That should help you a bit.

nts

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad you found the posts useful. Good luck with the site, I'm certainly going to become a member :).

P10n33R

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would be glad to help out with this project if you need a hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom