Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Homeowners.com - All Must Hail My Genius!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK, so homeowners.com just sold for 41k on ebay. And I'm in a real great mood, cuz long before this auction the owner had agreed to sell the domain to me for 20k. But I got greedy and told the owner i would pay 14k. Two days later I emailed them back to say that I would pay the 20k after all, but they basically told me to screw off, and that they had decided to sell it on ebay.

So whats the point of this thread? there is no point. i would just like to hit someone over the head with a metal crowbar, preferably the evil whore that is selling that domain.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That's even if the transaction goes through. The winning bidder only has a positive feedback rating of 3 so don't give up hope yet.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry you did not get it. $20,000 or even less would have been a great price for the buyer. I would peg the name at $50,000 or more, perhaps as much as low 6-figure end-user. Can you imagine all the subdomain possibilities, i.e. newyork.homeowners.com arizona.homeowners.com fsbo.homeowners.com etc.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a PhD when it comes to screwing up important deals...i had a chance to buy Atlas.com, EM.com, and Trade.com pretty cheaply on separate occasions and all of those got messed up. Bleh.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MovieDomains said:
That about sums it up :)

Sorry Draqon..

You've still had some other nice buys anyways (clubs.com)..

- Jordan

shepherd2

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's even if the transaction goes through. The winning bidder only has a positive feedback rating of 3 so don't give up hope yet.

The name was bought by a good friend of mine. It is a real purchase that will go through unless the seller mess up

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
draqon said:
I have a PhD when it comes to screwing up important deals...i had a chance to buy Atlas.com, EM.com, and Trade.com pretty cheaply on separate occasions and all of those got messed up. Bleh.

Trade.com is a great name, I heard it sold very cheaply compared to its real value, which I would estimate at $50,000 or more. Do you know how much it sold for and the circumstances?

Another great one is Certificate.com which I heard only sold for about $2000 and then a few mos later for at least 10X that amount but not certain about those numbers. Duke should know as he wrote about the first low price sale from what I recall.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, Jordan.

RealNames:

RealNames said:
Trade.com is a great name, I heard it sold very cheaply compared to its real value, which I would estimate at $50,000 or more. Do you know how much it sold for and the circumstances?

Trade.com sold for 7k, and it was bought from the trustee handling the estate of a bankrupt company. Numerous people signed up with the trustee to bid on the domain in the auction, but in the end only one person bothered to bid and so he got the name for that price.

shepherd2

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What's the story behind atlas.com?
When did you have an opportunity to buy it?

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it was a long time ago, probably over a year and a half ago. i tracked down the old owner and he quoted me a price of like 15k, but I was too broke to buy it.

changejobs

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
does he want to resell it?

shepherd2 said:
The name was bought by a good friend of mine. It is a real purchase that will go through unless the seller mess up

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you planning on paying significantly more than $40,000?

changejobs

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
premium yes - "significant" depends on definition. pm me for any further discussions

draqon said:
you planning on paying significantly more than $40,000?

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
draqon said:

Learn from your mistakes and move on. No point crying over spilled milk. I once refused $85000 for a domain in year 2000. We all commit mistakes.

URLtrader

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom