Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Hostgator will take your money no matter what

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there are issues. However, using this post when not an exclusive member (the detail provided) should be taken with a grain of salt. Best course of action is to run the channels provided by HG. I've no problems and have used them for years.

hostgator

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I’m the Customer Service Manager at HostGator and I wanted to reach out and offer my assistance. I apologize about the delay in posting here -- I had to register and then subscribe to the forum.

To the OP (myst woman), I couldn’t find your domain name with us. thestockblog.net isn’t hosted with HostGator and doesn’t come up in our billing system.

Regardless of that, though, if you feel you were improperly charged and/or that we acted without your permission, I’d like to check into the issue and get you a refund if it’s called for. We shouldn’t bill you for something that you don’t agree to and if that’s the case, we’ll definitely make it right for you.

So, if you could PM me your domain name and the ticket ID in question, I’ll check into the situation for you and get back to you right away.

I’ll be the first to admit we aren’t perfect (I wouldn’t have a job if we were), but when we do come across a situation in which we’ve dropped the ball, I do think we make a genuine effort to get the issue resolved and to ensure that the customer ends up satisfied in the end.

If any DNForum members ever have any questions about or problems with HostGator, don’t hesitate to contact me personally. You’re welcome to PM me or you can email me at letusknow at hostgator.com. We’re also very active on Twitter (@hostgator), so feel free to reach out to us that way as well.

Thanks,

Douglas
Customer Service Manager
HostGator.com LLC

hostgator

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received your PM and sent a reply. If anyone else has any questions or concerns, please do reach out and let us know.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good to see Hostgator aboard.

I had been using godaddy hosting for quite some time. I could not set up any php well with flash applications (cause mobile flash needs to be in the same folder), the mail settings were not good, and it was quite confusing to navigate through the whole site. Was also tired of their smartass customer service (as if they were the gods of the internet universe)...

As for Hostgator, switched to them just last month and what they have to offer is more than what godaddy can offer. I am very happy with hostgator. Being Texan (and just very close to Briar Forest near my parents house), They will always give the southern hospitality as well as their dedication to keep the customer happy.

carledgar

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have several reseller plans with them for the past 2 years with no problem.
Tech support (live chat) is great and most problems resolved within 30 minutes or less.
I just canceled one plan 2 weeks ago and they took care of the request in 24 hours.

actioning their 30-day money back guarantee - they refunded gladly and politely in jig time

carl

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i'll chip in and say hostgator has been a flawless victory for me for over two years. anytime i have any issue its straight to their live chat, and chat support hasnt failed me once.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i'll chip in and say hostgator has been a flawless victory for me for over two years. anytime i have any issue its straight to their live chat, and chat support hasnt failed me once.

I second that. I believe they go above and beyond their job description as support.

...Unless their description is, "do whatever you have to do in order to retain a customer," which I highly doubt in most circumstances I've dealt with them... :approve:

noserver

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
not sure about this complaint after hostgator get here and already verification hope OP can reply soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom