Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

HOTMAIL vs. GMAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
has anyone else noticed.... i just signed into my hotmail account and went from 80% of your 2 MB used down to 1% of your 250 MB storage.

from 2MBs to 250MBs in storage allowed

they must have been losing a ton of accounts to gmail!

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, both Yahoo and Hotmail have upgraded their storage ceiling because of Gmail. Now we know competition is good for consumers. :D

Capitalwebhost

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
Yeah, both Yahoo and Hotmail have upgraded their storage ceiling because of Gmail. Now we know competition is good for consumers. :D

Yeah, shortly after gMail got announced, Yahoo went from 6mb to 100mb. Hotmail took longer to get on the bandwagon, but I've been at 250mb for months. Not that I used more then 1-2% of any of them, including gMail. I primarily use my one gMail for newsletters, etc...makes for a nice searchable archive of them. :)

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Capitalwebhost said:
Yeah, shortly after gMail got announced, Yahoo went from 6mb to 100mb. Hotmail took longer to get on the bandwagon, but I've been at 250mb for months. Not that I used more then 1-2% of any of them, including gMail. I primarily use my one gMail for newsletters, etc...makes for a nice searchable archive of them. :)

yeah ... my upgrade just took effect - i've had to delete many messages i would have liked to keep to stay inder the limit.

after ignoring those 'upgrade' promotions from them for years - i wonder how many people actually did, and will they get something in return now?

unholy1

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gariben said:
i'm still waiting for Hotmail to upgrade my account. I have a feeling i will be the last one to be upgraded

Well you're not the only, I still have my Hotmail storage at 2MB which i have to clear every few days.

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
im still waiting too, think they are upgrading hotmail accounts one server at a time, so when your upgraded depends which server your on

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gmail hasn't acquired the distrust in email coming from hotmail etc. as of yet. Some registrars will not accept email addresses on whois records from hotmail accounts etc. because of all the fraud involved with their use.

I know I don't trust offers on domains coming from these accounts either. Can't check up on them at all. So until they send me an email from a domain I can lookup, I cancel further trades.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gmail IS faster for me than hotmail. Also My hotmail gets filled with spam nowdays. .. But than MSN messange Is cool too..Whats next mabey A gmail messanger..

Crazysah

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
gariben said:
i'm still waiting for Hotmail to upgrade my account. I have a feeling i will be the last one to be upgraded

Same here. I have been witing and am still waiting. Hope it comes soon!

LoanShark

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't get my Hotmail account space upgraded.It's still 2Mb.
Is the offer valid for only new users?

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its for everyone, i have had my accounts a long time, it just depeneds which server your on, there doing them one by one, yours will be upgraded, dont worry :)

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for the upgrade at hotmail. :(

LoanShark

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for informing me about that.
I'm really looking forward about that.
Thanks again

Crazysah

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
money365 said:
how can i register Gmail account ?

You need a invite. I can give you one for 50DNF$ if someone else dosen't want it.

LoanShark

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
money365 said:
how can i register Gmail account ?

You could post in wanted section on getting a gmail invite.
Maybe someone will invite you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom