Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How accurate are Estibot appraisals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delton77

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just wanted to know how close Estibot appraisals really are, I have several names that I liked but Estibot said they were worth reg. fee. Can you use this at least has a guage for having names properly appraised if Estibot comes back with a higher appraisal say like 2,400, would it be worth getting those names appraised?

Thanks,
Delton

Dimva

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like a magic eight ball.

jsu1995

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Like a magic eight ball.
Ha ha ha, too true! :lol:

It can be a useful guide, but nothing more. Don't get discouraged about the "reg fee" estimate; aside from premium names, your domain is what YOU make of it.

At the same time, don't be overly excited about those $xx,xxx estimates. ;)

D

Domn

estibot is based on live statistics of your name and more important on generic/popular keywords.

For me the prices look more for resellers rather end-users.

Good to check it for your sales but there is no auto or manual way for someone to tell you how a domain is really worth.

If we exclude some pattern sales (LLL / LLLL) every domain targets a specific end-buyer, your job is to find,convince him for the value of your name (if it has some value) and sell it

Most domainers (including me some times) try to avoid the "end buyer search" and resell or flip domains at a lower cost.

I believe a good strategy is to split your portfolio(s) with end-user selling probabilities.
Keep them the ones you're sure, flip the others.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just wanted to know how close Estibot appraisals really are, I have several names that I liked but Estibot said they were worth reg. fee. Can you use this at least has a guage for having names properly appraised if Estibot comes back with a higher appraisal say like 2,400, would it be worth getting those names appraised?

Thanks,
Delton

people only rave it when it gives favorable results.

so why pay for an appraisal, after the bot gives you a favorable value?

what if the bot gives you a high value, then you go pay for an appraisal and the result is lower than the bots' value?

then you gonna stick with what the bot said or the appraisal that you paid for?

if that happens, then i think you'll be more confused and out of a few bucks too

post the domains in the Appraisal section first.

D

Domn

Appraisal is just an idea of the price range
Even if you pay for manual appraisal (some call it "premium") you will get a detailed report of TLD coverage, previous similar sales, keyword popularity, CPC potential and various others.

Posting in any specialized domain forum you will get an estimate for the reseller value

You must do your own homework but most important is not only to see how much you could sell it but also calculate the margin of your profit with the price you bought it.

Domains are real estate or stocks. You gather the facts, see a potential but also set a % profit goal. Without it you will be a domain owner in the neverland with Peter Pan waiting for Captain Hook to give you the $1M offer for the domain.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Appraisal is just an idea of the price range
Even if you pay for manual appraisal (some call it "premium") you will get a detailed report of TLD coverage, previous similar sales, keyword popularity, CPC potential and various others.

Posting in any specialized domain forum you will get an estimate for the reseller value

You must do your own homework but most important is not only to see how much you could sell it but also calculate the margin of your profit with the price you bought it.

Domains are real estate or stocks. You gather the facts, see a potential but also set a % profit goal. Without it you will be a domain owner in the neverland with Peter Pan waiting for Captain Hook to give you the $1M offer for the domain.

imo, some appraisals give more than just domain value.

it depends on the domain and how the OP puts forth the domain in the post and the questions he asks and or info he gives, with respect to why he purchased it.

these type of scenerio's may produce other ideas, usage or potential leads for the domain, that the OP may have never considered.

if one does their homework beforehand and learns the business, they won't need to pay for an appraisal.

D

Domn

imo, some appraisals give more than just domain value.

it depends on the domain and how the OP puts forth the domain in the post and the questions he asks and or info he gives, with respect to why he purchased it.

these type of scenerio's may produce other ideas, usage or potential leads for the domain, that the OP may have never considered.

if one does their homework beforehand and learns the business, they won't need to pay for an appraisal.

This is an excellent usage of the appraisal that is not targeted to a subjective price number but the best usage or ideas regarding the name.

Giving an estimation for a domain sale is not bad, just that i see so many domainers stick to it and act like they are entitled to sell no lower that that price. At the end the domainer drops the name and goes for another name and a new appraisal.

It's a fact that few people do their homework at least for hand-reg names.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Giving an estimation for a domain sale is not bad, just that i see so many domainers stick to it and act like they are entitled to sell no lower that that price. At the end the domainer drops the name and goes for another name and a new appraisal.

i have a price in mind for each domain that i own and will not sell below that price.

and yes, i'd rather drop them than try to sell them for a few bucks.

why?

because i have already expensed the domain in the year it was purchased and every year of it's renewal.

:)

D

Domn

i have a price in mind for each domain that i own and will not sell below that price.
and yes, i'd rather drop them than try to sell them for a few bucks.
why?
because i have already expensed the domain in the year it was purchased and every year of it's renewal.
:)

I'm referring to the price a domain owner gets from an appraisal (auto or manual) and not the price for the expenses + the profit each domain has.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well i love estibot when it appraises my name at reg fee then sells for thousands mind you the appraisal forum here is just as bad.......

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm referring to the price a domain owner gets from an appraisal (auto or manual) and not the price for the expenses + the profit each domain has.

k

thanks

cvcard

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Estibot appraised a hand reg of mine last week for 200K. I put a domain on this site for appraisal, one response, "reg fee"...sold for $100 day later. I still think it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Estibot appraised a hand reg of mine last week for 200K. I put a domain on this site for appraisal, one response, "reg fee"...sold for $100 day later. I still think it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

That is so true !

steveto

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think there will be any accurate site that will determine what a website is worth. There are too many factors. I think the best is to get get ideas from peers. Endusers will pay large amounts if they have the money and if it's important to them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom