Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How are green domains fairing in the marketplace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infoproliferati

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the top 100 domain sales of the year and I couldn't find one green domain. Not 1. Does anyone have any sales stats for eco or green domains?

Could it be the reason green domains aren't taking off is that everyone is talking about it but few are actually pursuing the development of green tech or renewable energies?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the top 100 domain sales of the year and I couldn't find one green domain. Not 1. Does anyone have any sales stats for eco or green domains?

Could it be the reason green domains aren't taking off is that everyone is talking about it but few are actually pursuing the development of green tech or renewable energies?

there is some demand for green friendly related domains, but i believe those who are holding the premo's are waiting for higher offers, if they intend to sell at all.

even though the green movement is going strong, it's still very early and a lot of potentials haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet

of course, behind the scenes and on stage, there are plenty of green sites launching everyday

imo...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there is some demand for green friendly related domains, but i believe those who are holding the premo's are waiting for higher offers, if they intend to sell at all.
I have had offers on this forum and via sedo for one in particular. But as biggie stated, holding out for more.

Why? Well, this is still a niche market but a strong market and I simply don't feel like haggling over reseller prices.

Most of the good green names should go to the end user, even if that enduser is myself.

As for all the good ones being taken, I think that may be the case but, then again, it is almost as if new terms in this industry are popping up nearly every day.

Most of the terms have a broad appeal not only to the consumer but also the manufacturing and tech sector.

It is popular at present but I think has a tremendous growth potential.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not sure of the demand but I am seeing many, many prime time television ads featuring green or green themed domains (sites).

Also, many established companies are not regging new but are simply using add-on (sub) domains.

H

H2FC

I answered this question by posting a domain website showing sales stats for green and alternative energy domains over the past couple of years.

Why was my post removed?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the post was removed the first time because you posted the same link in this thread, as the one that "was in your sig"

should have just left the link in your sig and asked members to view it to find a list of sales.

imo...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am seeing more interest (based on personal inquiries) for climate, recycled, and conservation related domains that don't even contain the word "green".

There are many great words representing initiatives (like Carbon Footstep) that are becoming nice catch phrases.

Plus, have any of you seen the TV spots for poet.com?

Here's a tremendously valuable generic keyword that is being re-branded as a green theme.

Again, this is a niche market.

Frankly, these are the types of markets that can still be mined and come up with some great keyword and phrases for a new generation of consumer.

Alternative energies and alternative initiatives can lead to some great chances in the domaining realm.

H

H2FC

the post was removed the first time because you posted the same link in this thread, as the one that "was in your sig"

should have just left the link in your sig and asked members to view it to find a list of sales.

imo...
Thanks for the info but what I'm getting from that is its ok to post a link in your sig but not ok to post a specific link within that sig link that answers a fellow members specific question. Does this really make sense to anyone?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by biggedon

imo...

Thanks for the info but what I'm getting from that is its ok to post a link in your sig but not ok to post a specific link within that sig link that answers a fellow members specific question. Does this really make sense to anyone?

hope you don't take offense as i point out the guidelines and excuse me for taking this thread off topic for a sec but...

15. Do not promote or link to your websites, domains, blog, company, or services in any of the discussion forums. This includes starting a thread, or replying to a post. If a member is seeking assistance or looking for a certain type of product, the best way to offer your services is to send a PM, unless the thread has been created in one of the Advertising forums (or Help Wanted), where you then may reply to a post with a self-promotion. For the rules related to signatures, refer to #19 and #20.

hope we still cool :)

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are multiple 4-5 figure green or eco sales reported.

The best are worth 6-7 figures easily.

The market itself is very hard to crack, very few keyword combos means few choices and that is why even so-so green/eco names see 4-5 figures.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does e.co count as a green domain ? :)

bobovia

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I haven't received any offers for carboncreditauction.org. Thought that one would have at least gotten a nibble.

H

H2FC

Nice list of ecofriendly/green name sales, thank you.

You might want to add this nice one:
WoodPellets in dotcom sold for US$115,000 at Sedo last summer and was reported at DNJournal.com in August 2009.
Thanks for the tip.....I don't know how I could have overlooked that one but I will include it on my next update. It certainly qualifies as a green alternative energy domain name.

centreurope.org

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I start again this thread, although it is rather old.
I've purchased the last few years all the French Green & energy related domains I could. Surprisingly, I receive very little offers. Something like once or twice in a month (not counting the stupid €60 sedo offers) for over two thousand domains. Thus I made very little sales, but the good point is that the average selling price was quite high. I've got a few English ones and observed the same pattern. Very few offers, but rather decent offers in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom