Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How big is the real estate bubble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
now if war is such a good thing and economy benefits ( maybe to sell some more weapons and to recover all the damages ) why don`t we let Iran bombard USA then? It will defintely help the US economy....wow genial idea Duckinla.......whatever...

How come Switzerland and Canada, Sweden, Finland and other countries who never bother to be belligerant as the United States of Angryness , are still so prospeurous?

Whatever.

Domain Days 2024

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
gmac17 said:
italian you make no sense.

read everything before to judge me, I haven`t been the one saying wars are good for economy.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The Nasdaq went from under 1,000 to over 5,000 in just a few short years and then back to 1,000 in less than two years from the top. Very few people came out smelling like a rose at the end of that bubble. ALL people who buy Real Estate when it is the "In" thing to do are getting the worst of it.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dog, there are better arguements to make your point than just saying "the fools haven't been burned yet". How about rising mortgage default notice rates?

Up 50% in some parts of Southern California.

The real issue is that hardly anyone could default over the last 3 years. With home values rising so quickly, you could solve your financial problems by refinancing or selling the home for more than the mortgage. With rates rising and prices stagnating, that won't be an option anymore. Defaults will skyrocket over the next 24 months.

That being said, it's still hard to imagine prices dropping more than 20% without a huge increase in interest rates. There are too many buyers out there who would be happy to get in at 20% lower prices.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Duck, I have read all of the arguments and have studied bubbles all of my life. Of course, the data looks bad for housing, but it really is so simple....those who make lots of money purchasing things they are not experts in tend to be part of bubbles. The bubble becomes self fullfilling.

Remember the people who used to "day-trade" at lunch? The "house-flippers" are very similar in mindset. The key is that most of these day-traders and house-flippers had very little knowledge and experience in these markets before they started making all of this money.

The bigger problem is why I can't stop posting about it...it is costing me money. I should be digging up names.

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Will you still have internet in the countryside? If so, be sure and write us from time to time.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duckinla said:
Will you still have internet in the countryside? If so, be sure and write us from time to time.
We share a similar sense of humor :-D

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
italiandragon said:
read everything before to judge me, I haven`t been the one saying wars are good for economy.

Except they are...do some research for once.

I love it! DNForum is being flooded by complex economic questions...and it is obvious many members of this forum have never taken a basic econ class even though they try really hard to pretend they know exactly what's going to happen.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of a very good book right now called "Freakonomics". It mostly applies economics to study criminal behavior.

At one point criminologists noticed that there was a relationship between high crime rates and full prisons. They decided the best way to fight crime was to reduce the prison population.

The author said this was like saying when our team wins the world series the city throws a big party. The best way to win the world series is to throw a big party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom