Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How can someone who regged a name for 8 dolars expect to get thousands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How many times have we heard that question, domaining is a profession, a lot of research goes into regging names, wether evaluating traffic,watching drops, regging dozens of names in a niche market, Thats like someone complaining about a plumber who charges 100.00 to replace a washer in a faucet. One advantage of domainers is they can learn on the job by doing research on the net.Another thing about domaining is common sense is rewarded unlike most careers common sense helps but I would say it is a driving force in this industry.How many hours and wasted names did we spend on each good name, thats why we dont sell the good ones for 20 bucks

Domain Days 2024

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hear you my friend, although I will stil blame the plumber if he charges $100 LOL

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It takes no more time to pick up a nugget of gold than it takes to pick up a pebble. You just don't come across gold as often.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well. it only takes one great sale of a domain name to cover the reg costs of others.

T

tekz999

Its reality. You need to be inspired. 1 year ago, I regged a 4 letters .com, and sold it for US$2980.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Abraham said:
Well. it only takes one great sale of a domain name to cover the reg costs of others.

Plus another great sale each year to pay the renewal fees of the other domains ;-)

My plumber charged me $50 for around 10 hours of work supervising the installation of two water tanks, tubes and motor, but admittedly he did a bad job.

cooljeba

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
trader said:
My plumber (who we would never hire again) just charged $150 (most all labor and a 4-minute drive double trip charge) for a small job fixing an outside faucet.

I will quit Domaining and be a plumber :bathbaby: LOL

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This year alone I can honestly say has been my best year. I have already made $6,000 from hand regged names alone none older then 2 years. (Thank you for letter .COMs) Some sales bigger then others. It just came from research... there are people who get lucky in this industry.... but those that consistently make money are researchers. In the beginning, about 3 years ago, I lost TONS of money.... now I give every name, idea, or itch its due diligence. It's time consuming and hardwork, but it's fun. There's no biz like this biz!

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
..............If you wish that you could go back about 4 years and buy a few names, take a look at South America.

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Creature said:
..............If you wish that you could go back about 4 years and buy a few names, take a look at South America.

What do you mean exactly.....

syed

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think he means South America is 4 years behind North in terms of technology, specially internet. Since all domains increased a lot in the span of last 4 years in NA, one can give an estimate for SA related domain names... thats what you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom