Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How Click Fraud Could Swallow the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great words of wisdom from the above two posts ! Well Done !

Domain Days 2024

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
PPC will not die, but will be more expensive in the future.
Even if you DO click on your own adverts, you are still seeing the site and (maybe) remembering it.
New way of advertisement!

click value will increase, cos people in the future will not be bothered viewing own adverts for a little money

just imagination(bah)

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nearly every dollar google earns comes from adsense/adwords. they will not let PPC die. not a chance. there is no doubt they have billions ready to spend on adapting to fraud and keeping the rev stream alive.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ppc is gonna change and I know a BIG inside secret about whats coming..but I can't tell! :)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
How Click Fraud Could Swallow the Internet
I thought the parking page thingy per se had already done so (ruined the Internet). Does it really matter whether there are fraudulent clicks or not?

M

mole

Did you guys hear that Google is going to offer Pay-Per-Impressions for their Adsense program? It's this link they have on the site that says 'Advertise on this site'.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HeavyLifting said:
nearly every dollar google earns comes from adsense/adwords. they will not let PPC die. not a chance. there is no doubt they have billions ready to spend on adapting to fraud and keeping the rev stream alive.

Well that's the problem. If they really do stop the fraud then a LOT of googles revenue will decline. That could be short term and maybe best but still it could create a dip in the domainer market.

Chaiki

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will worry about PPC when the temperature in Hell drops below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.

M

mole

Chaiki said:
I will worry about PPC when the temperature in Hell drops below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.

Fraud has always been with the Internet, thank god for fools. Earn as much money as you can, there are still many idiots out there to take money from :-D

spiderden

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Did you guys hear that Google is going to offer Pay-Per-Impressions for their Adsense program? It's this link they have on the site that says 'Advertise on this site'.

Yeah it is because their ppc rates are dropping, their bucket of ice is melting and starting to cool off hell... lookout :)

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some of you are overly optimistic. I still remember my stock portfolio around 1999 when it dropped from 80k in value to less than $5k within a year. Of course much was placed into internet stocks. Luckily I did well with Amazon and a couple others but I lost over $40k that year that I never got back and to this day I am shy of entering the stock market again. I was buyin and selling stocks for over 6 years too. The same mentality was prevelant then. That there is always new suckers entering the market. I am not sure if that's true for domaining since often times we are buying and selling to each other. I don't see too many new players here or other sites. I know some big players have entered the ppc arena but I am not sure how many that is. Also the same thing happened with stocks where once the big boys entered the market basically you have no one left to sell to. So the market crashes eventually...then it rebounds after some time. I think PPC is headed for a fall.

glw

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I remember when we were getting $8.00/thousand for page views(views not clicks) of an above the fold banner. Bots and fraud (real or imagined) killed that.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Chaiki said:

you are so clever , guys, i wish, i could understand, what you are talking about..............

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have seen a considerable increase in RPC over the past 14 months.

My predictions…

I think the PPC market will adapt and become more fraud robust over the coming years. An inevitable downside (or upside, depending on your portfolio) to this though is that domain traffic will be paid on a results (quality) basis. We are already seeing this on DS and IMO this will become the industry standard across all PPC services over the next 12 – 24 months.

Those with lower quality traffic might experience a fall in RPC but this will be offset, to a degree by better-designed, more attractive PPC landing pages resulting in higher CTR.

For those with high quality traffic domains the future is very bright IMO.

- Rob

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry but a couple Piper Jaffey analysts making predictions doesn't actually wow me. I am not saying they are wrong just that I won't be placing any bets on this one. I am sure growth will be there but it doesn't say how much of that pie will be given to us. I would like to hear what the analysts at Piper say about click fraud.

zorag

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The other contributor to the fraud is the use of external feeds on PPC search engines (as I found out recently). Not knowing how your feed supplier is conducting their business - you loose control of the clicks. I'm since a great beliver in doing it yourself, creating your own niche - it's more work but at least your in control of your advertisers revenue!

stevesko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Look... there has always been fraud. I spend 50K per month on PPC just for one of my sites - do I wish I could prevent fraud - you bet. Do I have Top 5 placement in organic traffic for this domain - you bet (most keywords #1 or 2). Does the advertising still pay off- you bet. The bottom line is IT PAYS FOR ITSELF. - even with the fraud (which I belive is a good 20% of my budget) and dont think it just comes from where you think it does... I have traced most of mine to AOL. And while my Google reps have come up with their explanation - saying it was a "hotsearch", I still have gotten several thousands in refunds. If they belive the traffic (which had a 0% conversion rate) and was was real then they not have spent 3 months doing research and then give me a refund - and this has happened several times.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom