Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How do I buy a domain name from someone in japan whose email bounces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willpower101

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I want to buy a domain that has nothing but a cgibin folder in it.
Dude is in japan.
Email bounces.

I have no idea how to get in contact with him or how to know how much it's worth.
How do I accomplish these two things?

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
google the word to see if the name is listed on a domain resale site or check sedo, etc.

willpower101

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Checking sedo was one of the first things I did. But just because it's on there doesn't mean anything right? It doesn't say make offer or anything. Just says already registered.

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
report him for incorrect who is! the registrar will force him to update his who is! good luck
That is a long road but if you really need the name, could work. Another option would be to see what IP that domain is on and see how many other sites share that. If there are only a few, try contacting one of those sites (Might be the same) Might try the same thing with the listed email address. Also look for that domain in the .jp tld. See if any of the contact info matches.

I wouldn't bother until you had a budget in mind anyway. The name is worth what You are willing to pay for it. Not saying you have to offer your tip price right away but why waste time digging, researching and then contacting the owner if you don't have an idea what you want to spend?

willpower101

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well, I have and idea of what I'd like to spend right now, and what's in the bank account. (Low-mid xxx) But in the future I may be willing to go higher. I also know my cutoff. I just hate negotiating domains because I never know how to get them at reasonable prices. Half the time I get laughed at and told that it's work at least high $xx,xxx.... pfft. right.

Bill F.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you PM me the person's name and the domain, I could run a search in Japanese and see if I come up with a contact. If your offer is only in the XXX amount though, I wouldn't bother. Japanese are more suspicious than most of an unintroduced contact, most are uncomfortable with English, and few are familiar with domain sales, so the offer would have to be tempting. Likely, nobody will go through the trouble for a few hundred bucks.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Wait until the half-life of the radiation from the Japanese reactors drops to survivable levels.

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Check Archive.org, the Wayback Machine, to see if it had his website up, with contact information, in the past.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

I just hate negotiating domains because I never know how to get them at reasonable prices. Half the time I get laughed at and told that it's work at least high $xx,xxx.... pfft. right.

Welcome to the club. I really only hate it when after telling an owner, to see if he is realistic, "we are thinking about a price an average car or low $XX,XXX" and spend time doing the trademark and business analysis to have them come back days later with "I decided it's worth mid $XXX,XXX based on some record-high sale in some other industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom