Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How do I sell a domain name attached to an online business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightsOfRay

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi
A friend of mine has an online website security business he would like to sell. The site is PR5 and gets very decent traffic. It's pretty much automated and he makes about $15,000-$20,000 a year off it. The revenue is NOT from advertising but from sales (again which is 95% automated)
What would be the best way to sell it? (I'm not putting an asking price in this thread just in case it's looked at as if I'm spamming)
Thank you so much!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi
A friend of mine has an online website security business he would like to sell. The site is PR5 and gets very decent traffic. It's pretty much automated and he makes about $15,000-$20,000 a year off it. The revenue is NOT from advertising but from sales (again which is 95% automated)
What would be the best way to sell it? (I'm not putting an asking price in this thread just in case it's looked at as if I'm spamming)
Thank you so much!

if you sell the domain name, that is directly associated with an online business, that does not have an established "brick and mortar" presence, then that business risks losing it's "brandable identity" on the web.

that includes any type-in traffic from domain name recongition.

but to answer the question, all you have to do to sell it, is..."be the owner or authorized broker, and offer it for sale.

that's if, the domain name is not tied to the business as an asset and other permissions are needed prior to.

consult legal

imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom