Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

how do they find out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How do companies find out that a name of their trademark has been regged. I have read some where of someone regging a name and the next day that person got a C&D letter.

webfreak

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomainTools.com with Mark Alert can do it for you if you're on a budget.

Or, if you're a major corporation, go with Google's registrar: MarkMonitor.com

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Someone recently sent me a C&D for a domain I have owned for over a year and a half. I researched their portfolio and they use MarkMonitor, so I don't believe it tells them right away. My guess is that they would download daily zone files and perform a search for their trademark.

MarkMonitor may perform the same options for them, but that is how I would do it if I owned a trademark and wanted to know who registered new names.

I've received several C&D's the last month, 1 appears to be real and a few others were fake, so do your research before you hand over any domains.

DomainDame

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
I've received several C&D's the last month, 1 appears to be real and a few others were fake, so do your research before you hand over any domains.

Exactly what type of research? Checking the trademark office, contacting their lawyer...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom