Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How do you guys list your domains here when you dont want search engines to pick them

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont wat to take traffic from my parked domains but would like to list a few in my signature for sale what is the best way to do it if i post purplegems dot com then it would still show higher then purplegems.com parked page in google links, so if someone typed "purplegems" in google it would show up higher then my parked page

Domain Days 2024

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
maybe i didnt word it correctly, what i am asking is how do you post domains on dnforum without takeng traffic away from parked names, dnf is such a highly ranked site that when someone searches for the keyword in your domain dnf link will appear higher in google results then present parked page

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fatter said:
maybe i didnt word it correctly, what i am asking is how do you post domains on dnforum without takeng traffic away from parked names, dnf is such a highly ranked site that when someone searches for the keyword in your domain dnf link will appear higher in google results then present parked page

The majority of your traffic would be type-ins and link traffic yeah? So where you rank in the SE's for that particular search term becomes irrelevant.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
as a rule that is true but some of my domains get listed number 1 in google results for the keyword in the domain itself

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fatter said:
as a rule that is true but some of my domains get listed number 1 in google results for the keyword in the domain itself

Yeah I realise what your saying, but the bulk of your visitors wouldnt be finding your site because of that.

electrowerks

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can put a space in your domain name, and meantion without space. Or place a "s p a c e" between each character if you really want to avoid seo.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
electrowerks said:
You can put a space in your domain name, and meantion without space. Or place a "s p a c e" between each character if you really want to avoid seo.

thats what I have been doing, guess i will continue
thanks all

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can you turn your text into a picture, kinda like a screenshot?
Then you can save it as your signature, people can see it and click on it, if you link it(forwarding to the site), but it wouldn't be spidered :spider:

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dcristo said:
The majority of your traffic would be type-ins and link traffic yeah? So where you rank in the SE's for that particular search term becomes irrelevant.

have to disagree with you on this one, i just received reg fee in ppc today on a name that didnt get any traffic from typeins in first 6 months, 6 dollars in one day doesnt seem like much but when you multiply it times hundreds of domains it adds up you have to remmember most domainers dont get a ot of traffic so se traffic can quadruple the bottom line, I happen to be with a great parking company and average 50 cents a click and sometimes a lot more
most of my portfolio gets very low traffic so i dont want to lose one visitor, i have found on my misspels most of the traffic comes from search engines because for some reason google places them high up

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Honestly, SEs don't really like parked pages.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NavySeals91 said:
Honestly, SEs don't really like parked pages.

I know they dont like them but on certain keywords they will pick them up especially misspells, i made 5 bucks today on a mispell of a generic jewelry domain that has been number one in google for six months when someone types xxxxx my link to my parked page appears first if i posted it here and a few other places it would be listed a lot lower below number one in google and i would lose traffic, you guys do what you think is best but i have names that i listed for sale years ago on various sites that appear higher then my parked pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom