Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How do you make a domain typo generator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tekz999

I am really interested in knowing how to make a domain typo generator. The meaning of the codes and so forth. Does any body have any idea? any ebook or whatever?

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I havent generated one personally, but it seems like it be done fairly easy with some VB scripting. Do you have any experience in VB programming? Seems like you could program some routines that would exchange vowels, inverse back to back vowel letters, exchange certain keys with popular nearby keys, and delete some letters - all of which would generate good typo examples.

For example, concentrate.com - cancentrate.com, cencentrate.com, cincentrate.com, cuncentrate.com, concantrate.com, concintrate.com, concentrat.com, ... I think you see where i'm going?

Good luck ... I can program an executable for you that would do this, but I'd have to charge offcourse :)

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You know the EASIEST way to understand how to make a typo generator? Go to a typo-generator you like and simply observe what its generating. If you can't see the pattern and program it, you may as well do it the lazier way and truck on down to HotScripts.com. Another interesting route (for the independant thinkers), is to go to Amazon (or your public library), and get a guide on typos. Observe and consider your logic from there.

~ Nexus

neologist

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I keep making teh same tpyo. :goofy:

T

tekz999

Yes, I think the deleting keys and replacing keys in typo generator. What I need to know is how to make those codes, and where are those codes programmed with? C++? Pascal? VB? But I have no knowledge in those area... but I really want to make a typo generator myself.. This is what I would like to learn!! :D

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tekz999, you can do it in LANGUAGE DOESn't MATTER. Sounds like you want to do it in PHP (useable for the web and highly powerful). If you're only familiar with VB (as a web language), I suggest you go check out PHP. You can TEST your scripting instantly (without compiling, just refresh your browser). Familiarize yourself with STRING FUNCTIONS. Learn how to pull PARTS of a strings. Also familiarize yourself with ARRAYS and how to loop through them. As I said, go to Hotscripts... there are FREE typo generators there in PHP (you can look at the source code). More than that, and you're looking for someone to cut and paste code right into your e-mail box. :p

~ Nexus

Kamajii

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested I actually have a domain typo generator that I had written a while back. Drop me a PM if anyone is interested in it. I never really thought much of it until I saw this post.

stoned

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont get ezactley what he wants, Im always up for a free project

T

tekz999

Madcamel:

That is EXACTLY what I wanted, kindly reply to my PM. Thank you Madcamel :)

Hi 420 a.k.a. stoned! :p

What I wanted was to learn how to input the codes based on PHP for a domain typo generator. The codes to make a typo generator are what I would like to learn. Any help?

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
tekz - you should type a whole domain name, i.e - "google.com", and not just "google"

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tekz999 said:
The codes to make a typo generator are what I would like to learn. Any help?
I told you where to go already. It's sitting there for you to download for free and examine the code all you want. I guess I'm spinning my wheels unless I download it myself and paste the code in this thread. I just have a strong conviction that if you REALLY deserve to know, you'd really read the advice you're being given. I'm a strong believer in the "teach someone to fish" principle. --And the fish are JUMPING.

~ Nexus

T

tekz999

Nexus, I DID went to hotscripts.com and did a search. The only free typo generator is the one by hudsonscripting, but it only directs me to nowhere. I am asking madcamel to kindly send me his php script.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tekz999 said:
Nexus, I DID went to hotscripts.com and did a search. The only free typo generator is the one by hudsonscripting, but it only directs me to nowhere. I am asking madcamel to kindly send me his php script.

Can people do any more for you ... maybe hand feeding ...

Shaun

T

tekz999

aactive: do YOU know how to make one? Your input is out of the topic. You are not helping me at all. I must thank you for your 'nice' comment -_-

I have found a typo generator. My creativity is unlimited. My typo generator is similar, but different than the most typo generators. It is going to R O C K T H E H O U S E ! :>

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tekz999 said:
aactive: do YOU know how to make one? Your input is out of the topic. You are not helping me at all. I must thank you for your 'nice' comment -_-

I have found a typo generator. My creativity is unlimited. My typo generator is similar, but different than the most typo generators. It is going to R O C K T H E H O U S E ! :>

I'm sure yours will be much better than those used 2 or 3 years ago by many. I wish you well...

Shaun

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tekz999 said:
Looking for a little back and forth, tekz. Out of the different posts I made (and I thought I was being fairly helpful) this is the first time you've replied. I checked too, and though I found the same thing, I think going to Hotscripts is probably the LEAST of the advice I had to offer. I'm going to go ahead and paste the following code...
Code:
$str = "Hello World!";
for($i=0;$i<=strlen($str);$i++){
  print strtoupper(substr($str,$i,1));
  if($i<(strlen($str)-1)&&
  trim(substr($str,$i,1))&&
  trim(substr($str,$i+1,1)))print "-";
}

Paste that into a PHP script, and see what it gets you. Look up each of the functions and constructs you see in it... (strlen, substr, for, etc) --at PHP.NET ( www.php.net ). Once you understand precisely what this code is doing, then you will know EVERYTHING you need to know to create a typo generator. Again, I want to "help" you, because it sounds like you're asking for "help", especially in *understanding* the coding. I don't think it serves any purpose for you to simply have code handed over to you so you can "tweak" it.

If you go to ARCHIVE.org and look up hudsonscripting.com... you'll see what used to be at that website.
http://web.archive.org/web/20040202001648/www.hudsonscripting.com/seo-tools/misspelling.html
Generate misspellings.
Enter one word or phrase per line:
FUNCTIONS: [ ]skip [ ]double [ ]reverse [ ]merge [ ]all
http://web.archive.org/web/20040202000943/www.hudsonscripting.com/seo-tools/missed-key.html
Missed-key synthetic misspellings:
Script runs through all variations on
missed keys in a word or phrase.
For example: f, t, y, h, b and v are
substituted for the letter "g". Only
works for lowercase letters.

More than that, ask some specific questions that show you're actually working something out, and I'd be happy to offer more advice. I'm just sensitive to people asking to have all the answers handed to them without doing much aside from asking repeatedly. If this is asking to much, I understand, but that's the best I can offer.

Best,
~ Nexus

andyat11

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thats a nice little codeing but really its not the best thing

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
andyat11 said:
thats a nice little codeing but really its not the best thing
No, of course not. I'm thinking its a good "start", but feel free to post your own if you think it'll help. Again, I'm not looking to throw any of my proprietary material into the public domain on a whim. People pay money for this stuff. :wink:

~ Nexus

hudson

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hey...I last saw that typo generator at http://www.seoconsulting.de/seo-tools/

for the missed key function, I remember putting the whole alphabet into a hash:

a => "q", "w", "s", "z",
b => "v", "f", "g", "h", "n", " ",
etc

and then breaking each word into an array and looping through the array using an index...match the index and swap in the different letters :approve:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom