Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How do you make a domain typo generator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, Hudson...

Nice link. Check out the "Optimize" link in my sig. I eventually finished my "typo generator" and posted it. If I do say so, it came out well. dnforum user MadCamel also has one at madcamel.com (we've each added options that have since gone in different directions).

It's funny that your username is "hudson", as the "hudsonscripting" website was the example I mentioned towards the start of this thread. I think. Sadly, its no longer around. The method you mention below is basically the method I use, though I also added an interesting interface and some useful options to my implementation.

hudson said:
hey...I last saw that typo generator at http://www.seoconsulting.de/seo-tools/

for the missed key function, I remember putting the whole alphabet into a hash:

a => "q", "w", "s", "z",
b => "v", "f", "g", "h", "n", " ",
etc

and then breaking each word into an array and looping through the array using an index...match the index and swap in the different letters :approve:

~ Nexus

hudson

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
oh hey...I ran hudsonscripting.com...that's why my nick is hudson ;-)

hey Nexus, very nice job on the typo generator!

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For those who are interested in typo, please bear in mind the linguistic (as in English) and mechanical (as in keyboard) part in your formula. For example, q, w, s and z are NOT born equal, i.e. empirically (or statistically), less people would mistype z for a than say q; and a typo of a is more often corrected than that of u, i or o. You need to take these into consideration to *rock the house*. ;)

You are ALL charged $225 ($225/hr, 1 hr min.). Bills will be sent in 7 days. Thanks. LOL!

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hudson said:
oh hey...I ran hudsonscripting.com...that's why my nick is hudson ;-)
hey Nexus, very nice job on the typo generator!
Ah! See, I hoped it was you. Thanks for the compliment. Why'd your site go away, btw? Seemed like many people were beginning to take to it. Top return for "typo generator" I think when I went hunting. Leastwise in HotScripts. :)

~ Nexus

hudson

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey nameslave...the massive typo generator would take this into account:
http://www.google.com/jobs/britney.html

the real action is in phonetic misspellings..."f" for "ph", "cion" for "sion", etc, etc...you are correct that the mechanical errors are a bit simplistic and if anyone developed a database of phonetic misspellings, well...that would rock the house ;-)

Nexus said:
Ah! See, I hoped it was you. Thanks for the compliment. Why'd your site go away, btw? Seemed like many people were beginning to take to it. Top return for "typo generator" I think when I went hunting. Leastwise in HotScripts. :)

~ Nexus

Hey Nexus...nice to meet you! Oh...I ran the site for two years and just got a bit burned out on it. So I am in vacation mode until inspiration stikes again.

BTW, you got a great looking site, and really nice job on that typo generator.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
For those who are interested in typo, please bear in mind the linguistic (as in English) and mechanical (as in keyboard) part in your formula. For example, q, w, s and z are NOT born equal, i.e. empirically (or statistically), less people would mistype z for a than say q; and a typo of a is more often corrected than that of u, i or o. You need to take these into consideration to *rock the house*. ;)
You are correct, sir! Were I to continue development, I would not only investigate different keyboards, and assign them to different countries (generating typos for these various market-specific words/names), I would also look into "frequency" studies on which letters are mistyped the most. --Afterwards... well, afterwards, well... the script will hide securely behind a order page and service agreement. :D
nameslave said:
You are ALL charged $225 ($225/hr, 1 hr min.). Bills will be sent in 7 days. Thanks. LOL!
Make sure you capitalize "Nexus". My last name is "Dude", and I live somewhere near the Smee Nebula. ;)
hudson said:
the real action is in phonetic misspellings..."f" for "ph", "cion" for "sion", etc, etc...you are correct that the mechanical errors are a bit simplistic and if anyone developed a database of phonetic misspellings, well...that would rock the house ;-)
Still running my OCR program. Takes time. Shhhh! Thanks again, Hudson!

~ Nexus

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nexus said:
I would also look into "frequency" studies on which letters are mistyped the most.
~ Nexus

Where would you find these frequency studies? Sounds interesting.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JEsports said:
Where would you find these frequency studies? Sounds interesting.
I can't really say much more on it.

~ Nexus

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ahh ... so you lie then

j/k :)

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JEsports said:
Ahh ... so you lie then
j/k :)
Yup. I'm a bold faced liar. Horribly embarassed! :emba: :smartass: Can't get anything by you... :wink:

~ Nexus

hudson

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nexus said:
Still running my OCR program. Takes time. Shhhh! Thanks again, Hudson!

~ Nexus

OCR...damn, damn, damn....that's why I gave up...since I couldn't take it to the next level :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom