Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How do you sell most of your names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nameplanet

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What methods does everyone use to sell names? I am having more sucess than normal in getting new names, so I am looking to find more avenues to sell names to turn names faster and reach a larger market of buyers. I tried ebay, the fees added up quick though. I have been selling on a few forums, but would like to expand and reach more potential buyers.

Does DNForum do any advertising to get the word out about the site? I found other forums before I found this one and despite the numerous searches I did looking for something like this site, I didn't find it that easy. It is easy to find this site if you know you are looking for it, but if you don't know what you are looking for, or to even look for it, it isn't easy to find. Does that make since?

I am pretty new to this industry, only been doing it for a few months and got into it by chance. I happened to sell a name I had and was shocked when I sold it for what I got, which lead me to research more about it. I am thinking there are a lot of others out there who are like me, if they knew this was out there, they would want to get into it. The more people who get into it, the more buyers there would be, and that would drive up sales? What are everyone's thoughts about that?

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameplanet said:
I have been selling on a few forums, but would like to expand and reach more potential buyers.

Unless you have a niche market that you can tap into you are probably going to get the most exposure in the forums, at sedo, and afternic.

I agree, eBay and PayPal fees add up real quick.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do pretty well on Pool.com with the Platinum listing option. Sold close to 50 domains there in the last 6 months.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
99% of sales that i have made since i registered my first domain have come from direct contact through the whois.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:-D keep buying and they will come.......... :-D

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Exactly.. no need to list them for sale anywhere.. i get enough annoying offers as it is lol

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i dont like listing in pool.

if your domain is good, people will contact you via whois info. make sure your whois is valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom