Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How do you think TLD's rank (dollar-wise) after .com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dealster

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's getting very hard to buy good .com's anymore without paying premium prices. So I was wondering which TLD's are up and coming as potentially good investments? There are a number of names out there I would like to pick up that already have the .com, .net, & .org extensions taken. Which TLD would you pick next?

Thanks for your input,

Randy

oxen

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1 .info
2 .us
3 .biz
4 .de

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.info
.biz
.us
.ws

jsonline

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.us
.info

Dealster

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like the .info's have it 2 to 1 to the .us

Thanks for your thoughts on this. It would be really interesting if there were recent sales out there where someone could put together data on the sales of the same name only in different TLD's, like bikes.com, bikes.info, & bikes.us to see what the price differential was between them.

Randy

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dealster said:
It's getting very hard to buy good .com's anymore without paying premium prices. So I was wondering which TLD's are up and coming as potentially good investments? There are a number of names out there I would like to pick up that already have the .com, .net, & .org extensions taken. Which TLD would you pick next?

Thanks for your input,

Randy

Randy, you are paying premium rates for .com's because of their value. For North American business and much of the woldwide Internet, there is no other TLD, there is only one choice...

... Dot Com

Shaun

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. com
2. org
3. us

P.S. I use both type-in potential and media exposure (plus hands-on experience) to rank them. For example, during past 24 hrs saw several TV commercials for both .com and .org (about equal numbers), and even a rare 1 for dot-us - but none at all for info biz etc.

Auction

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Save until you have enough for the .com (worth the extra investment).

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
overall:

1. com
2. de
3. co.uk

4. info

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All these people who are puting US in front of DE (or any other for that matter) are furthering their own agenda here.

M

mole

Dealster said:
It's getting very hard to buy good .com's anymore without paying premium prices.

That's a popular myth today.

.COM prices are actually coming down sans some very specific cases - eg auction fever gone mad.

1. PPCs are a dime a dozen today and its getting a lot harder to make money from "traffic", since everyone and his dog is doing it. Now BD just put in over 300,000 domains into the PPC game just like that... at a snap of a finger.

2. Search engines seems to be getting stronger every other week, making guesswork type-ins an increasingly stupid way to navigate the web

3. More and more sTLDs, ccTLDs, gTLDs are jumping in every year as possible alternatives - .US, .EU 2LD .CN .SG etc etc..

4. Old time investors with thousands of .COM names look at their massive inventory and ask - is it really appreciating as we were brought to believe by the spin doctors of the past? Maybe for 10% of those names yes, the rest...... Just look at the so-called domain king's collection, probably 5% are decent, the rest suck to high heaven.

Bottom line : get good .INFO and .BIZ

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's correct.

unfortunatelly, good money lays in pockets of corporate types, and like any other people with small penises they are engaged in vanity "image seeking and maintaining" games. So they want what's "in" and not what makes sense, which makes them not much smarter than frogs or sheep, and that's precisely how they behave. So, my point is that in most cases they will rather have/obtain a second rate domain with correct extension (because everybody else's doing it), than better domain, with "wrong" extension. if all their competitors bask in .com's glory and all they have to offer is .biz, well trust me, most of them will feel "inadequate". And big business was always about matching money, power and ego, or at least the perception of it. They key word being perception. And the perception about you is blown, or badly damaged, the minute others see your extension. That goes for most domainers as well.

Having said that, there will always be a market for the normal, common sense, I-don't-care-what-the-extension-is-just-give-me-a-good-domain crowd, but they will never be able to, or never want to pay premium prices (hence why they don't go for coms)

So, in my opinion new extension game is currently just a game of peanuts in vast majority of cases, and that might possibly change for better one day, although I personally don't believe it as I think that internet address landscape will become even more cluttered and meaningless in future, and the way to the customers/audience for most sites will almost exclusively be through third party providers (paid sponsors, paid and unpaid search engine results etc.....) as oppose to their own efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom