Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How do you think TLD's rank (dollar-wise) after .com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cappuccino said:
All these people who are puting US in front of DE (or any other for that matter) are furthering their own agenda here.

Really, is it not correct that .de's may not be reg'd unless the admin contact has an address in Germany? How can someone in US rank .DE ahead of .US when the domain may not be reg'd by them anyway? Plus, is it not so .us names have more potential (due to size of US economy, etc), and overall availability than .de, and all the good de's are long gone?

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
Really, is it not correct that .de's may not be reg'd unless the admin contact has an address in Germany? How can someone in US rank .DE ahead of .US when the domain may not be reg'd by them anyway? Plus, is it not so .us names have more potential (due to size of US economy, etc), and overall availability than .de, and all the good de's are long gone?

I see your point. But, the original question was too broad. Nobody can tell for certain what future brings. Its one big guessing game. That's why I was just stating what the current values are imho. That order can change at anytime, like anything else which isn't permanent.

Us names have more potential maybe in theory only, but in reality they don't, because US market is ruled by .com, and will probably be ruled for foreseable future (read my previous post). Meanwhile, DE is the only game in German economy, which is what about 4-5th in the world.

No theory figures, no potential talk, just hard, cold facts.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dealster said:
So I was wondering which TLD's are up and coming as potentially good investments?

Randy

Randy I think it's diversification issue...I still own .com , a few .Net , .Info , .US .De and even a few oddball .BZ

But I concentrate most of my energies on .ws because I want them for actual development .. but the aftermarket prices are also going up ..so they are working out just fine as stand alone investments.but I never seem satisfied with just letting domains sit.. seems like if they arent getting typeins then they need to be put to work.. create type-ins , create traffic and you create value

.WS
.INFO
.US

My sleeper pick is .CN

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is "no" correct answer here.

You can own

a building in Manhattan, 5th Ave., NYC.
Ocean Front property in North Carolina.
100 acres in Balto/Wash. area.
1,000 acres in Kansas.
20,000 acres in Brazil
or an island in the Carribean.

It also depends what you do with the real estate.

Is it better to only own real estate in NYC?

In reality, all of the properties listed above will increase in price.
As long as you bought it at or below the present market value.

Just stick to areas you understand and enjoy best.

If you understand the farming, lumber or travel industries better.
Don't try to beat Donald Trump at his "own game".

And, I can assure you Donald doesn't know what to do with the
1,000 acres of farmland. But, it still has a lot of value to someone.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.de than .co.uk

Think global :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom