Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How does Buydomains.com work so well in beating Snapnames so often?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by devildude8989
And in your post, do you say BD is a registrar?! I do not think so, and if they are they would be breaking ICANN rules. I dought they ar ea registrar but too lazy to check the list

Buydomains does sell registrations. I have some reg'd there myself.

http://www.buydomains.com/

Domain summit 2024

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL, yeah you mispelled it and it still went to buydomains. And the pop ups are coming, the pop ups are coming!

spietreser

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Boy oh boy... it isn't THAT difficult!

I think the main reason why we do not get our share of the best names is because of selfishness. Most of the drop services are small ones that work individually. It is because of that, they lose out on the big names out there.

With all the programming skills and knowledge about how the system works of all the members here, it should be possible to work together and make THE ultimate drop script. I'd say we make this a project like phpBB.

If you want to take part in the project, I could set up a (protected) forum where a commission chooses who gets in and can participate in the project. This would be purely based on skills and knowledge. I think the only way to beat BD (and Ult) is to combine power. Power to the domainers!!! :D

Of course the people / domainers involved need to be less selfish. But it pays off! In the end you have a much better product...

Let me know what you think.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm all for it spietreser, if we were to put together the best minds around here, we could really compete.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
spietreser - We would be interested in hearing more about this - Thanks Steve

G.A.

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
anyone representing a ICANN-registrar on DNF?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would be into a forming, great idea! I dont know anything about scripting though, but am good at making decisions :)

LoL, would love to help.

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i am with you on this..i have a lot of experience in programming..just let me know when to get started and where..possibly a seperate place to discuss..also keep in mind we do need access to a registrar or else its worthless..

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow I'm surprised that I received some positive feedback after reading some of the responces. I thought I would be hounded as soon as I posted that. I happily will have to say that I got both names I was going after today. One of the snaps was successful and the other was grabbed by namewinner by me. I try to see all sides of the issue but the fact of the matter is buydomains and ultsearch are forces that are larger than life. They not only compete in the same arenas we do but have an extra advantage that allows them to target names in ways we can't. I've tried offering registrars even snapname partners sweet deals but they like the status quo. Little do they know if the WLS comes around their profits go out the window. Thank goodness they (BD & ULT) don't get all the names. I have been beaten by buydomains more than ultsearch though. I will have to say ultsearch is better at sniping on namewinner. They sniped me at 12:59:53 one time on namewinner which I give them props for cutting it that close. Someone needs to come up with a sniping service like on ebay for namewinner so that I don't have to get up from my afternoon naps to bid lol.

spietreser

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by clemzonguy
Someone needs to come up with a sniping service like on ebay for namewinner so that I don't have to get up from my afternoon naps to bid lol.

Yea... I was talking to someone about that last night (since I am not a programmer myself). He would look into the possibilities ;)

Chad

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
>>Someone needs to come up with a sniping service like on ebay for namewinner so that I don't have to get up from my afternoon naps to bid lol.<<

Thats not really what we need. We need the bids to be more affordable. People at NW are willing to pay anything for anything. Even if you can 'snipe" them at last minute you still have to beat their reserve price which is usually extremely high.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chad
>>Someone needs to come up with a sniping service like on ebay for namewinner so that I don't have to get up from my afternoon naps to bid lol.<<

Thats not really what we need. We need the bids to be more affordable. People at NW are willing to pay anything for anything. Even if you can 'snipe" them at last minute you still have to beat their reserve price which is usually extremely high.

Yes I have to agree, buydomains not only snipes all good names in last minute, they also but really high bids to them, so You really can`t snipe them! But maybe if You have deep pockets like buydomains, then yes.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agree with Chad.
Usually BD or Ult will do a very high proxy bid (maybe $10K).
How can we snipe them ? :D

spietreser

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by .com.net.org
How can we snipe them ? :D

hmm.... is there some way to block their ip range from the NW site?

:evil:

btw... this was not meant seriously ;) they're doing this honestly (at least they seem to do so, hehe)

OnSpec

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Love the project idea. It will be a real testament to the masses if it can be pulled off. I'm sure that Mike at BD would also love to take up the challenge to hold his ground.

I too am not a programmer, but count on my support.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, NW is crazy prices as it is. Sniping program would do only a little work.

If we all were honest w/ eachother, we could pitch in for a registrar connection.

I emailed on in like Dubai, no registrars email back :(
But we would need a registrar, and starting one up is not affordable.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Between the devil and the deep blue sea, I'd rather have BD grabbing the name than Ults. At least you can buy the name from them for a 'reasonable sum'. Ults doesn't come cheap at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom