Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How does my new site look

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hello,

i just got my site done.. Well all but a few links..

Can you please give me advice on my site..

Tell me if you like it, or if there is anything I should do different..

Also 1 Question for anyone who can answer...

I have banners on my site.. But how can I make them rotating banners.??

thanks

Domain Summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where is the link?

D

DomainNameFactory

Hi SJP,

First the site - your graphics don't line up...you need to fix that first. I looks like your "valign" assignments are wrong or missing (didn't look at HTML source to see exactly why)...start there

Second - A CGI script can rotate a group of banners for you...but unless you know CGI and HTML, I wouldn't try it. Maybe you could hire someone to set it up for you.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally I like the colors you used however they are not easy on the eyes.
Generally speaking a black background is not a good idea for a retail site.
I checked out the domain lsit and would suggest ordering them differently. Maybe three columns without the ...... inbetween.

Good luck with your site!

JA

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SJP, why do you want banners

You can just remove the banner thats in there (not the netfirms one.. the one that came with the template)

I like jimsoft, and i'm sure he'd like you to keep his banner... but it is common practice to remove banners from free templates...

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the advice,,, I will remove the banner and I will also, FIx some things on it..

QUESTION?????

How do I seperate words, without using ...............

I am sure there is some html code that I use to seperate words so you do not see the............................. between them.

Thanks

D

DomainNameFactory

create tables to keep distance between words the same

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also check the "Terms of use" paragraph, wording is poorly phrased. Look at .COm in intro paragraph.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should build a very simple page (by now, you know simple coding) instead of free templates....or alter the templates to be "your own".

You are asking us to look at your new site, but actually its just a free template, poorly set-up.

Needs a lot of proof-reading. Lots of misspells, fragments, CAPS in odd places...

A lot of links don't work.

The "fluff" on the home page is not needed, about how "domain business is booming, so jump on the train".. Just a simple list of the domains...

Make a list of the names, with prices, and make them hyperlinks so someone can buy via paypal, or click to email you.

Lots of work needed here, but looks as if you are learning the code, so now you can make it your own! Good luck!

mef666

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
the most important thingy is to put ALL links.

the second one is that you don't get info on: what this site is about?

L

lhague

to separate words depending how much space you want between them you can use the
  between each word,   = 1 additional space, but to control and format your page always use tables if you are adding to the existing template code. You say above you wasnt sure how to do this, you can experiment in a new blank notepad page.htm using syntax for table like this and loading in browser to get the feel.... when I was learning I always messed about with different elements until I knew what they were all about and got familiar..........

<table width="100%" border="1" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="5" >

<tr> <td bgcolor="red"> first cell in first row which will be red where content goes</td> </tr>

<tr> <td bgcolor="green"> second cell in first row which will be green where content goes</td> </tr>

<tr> <td bgcolor="blue"> third cell in first row which will be blue and where content goes </td> </tr>

</table>

there are elements you can put in the <tags> themselves to create different content behaviour as I did above with color i.e. to align an image or text in a cell you place the command in the <td> tag so if you for instance want an text in a cell to be centered you put <td align="center"> or <td valign="top"> if you want the content in that cell to be positioned at the top of the cell and there are a number of commands you can place in different <tags> <td align="center" bgcolor="yellow">

Hope this helps.

Have fun

:)

mef666

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
try to look @ my site (Cheap domain names) and check on links (ones on the top off the main page - free submission,whois...). Look at the neat thing I've did for those links when you put mouse over the texts and other links...

then, graphics is also important... check a bit mine.. it's simple & effective..

good luck...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom