Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How dumb are GoDaddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know this is nothing new, but it gets me everytime!

I just accepted a domain push on GoDaddy, then had to go through their 12 page "checkout" proceedure, selecting my payment method, logging in to PayPal, selection which card to debit, etc, all to send them zero dollars!

I tried exiting out of PayPal with the "Return to Merchant" link, only to be told by GoDaddy that my payment hadn't gone through, and I have to select another payment method! I mean, what is the point? WHAT IS THE POINT???

Sorry, rant over, but it really gets on my nerves...

Edit: And don't even get me started about the 4 email confirmations! ;-)

Domain Days 2024

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that is what some people call marketing :)
I don't like that either, but you can see this everywhere (see fastfoods for example:"would you want french fries too ? how about a salad?"

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
^. It is definitly understandable, but when you are a long-time customer with XXX names, I think sending 6 emails is a bit ridiculous. Especially when you have gone through the same checkout process hundreds of times :0

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr.Domains said:
And don't even get me started about the 4 email confirmations! ;-)

Ok Girlfriend! (Sorry, couldn't help it...)

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gotta love all their confirmation emails.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The continued negative reports about godaddy.com just confirms to me that I will never register any new domains with them, or buy any domains from others where they are the registrar.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong they have nice specials, but with them you are only a number. I have about 90 names left with them I am slowly moving to Moniker. Their support is much better and Moniker makes you feel like you are not just a number. Great guys at Moniker, especially Monte. Very informative speaker on webmasterradio.fm too.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The example of "would you like fries with that" doesn't work here. Otherwise they would need to ask

Would you like fries with that?
Would you like a second extra super duper large drink for only $1.99?
Since you ordered a meal you may order up to 5 ketchup at no cost but you must pay by credit card
You can order an ice cream for only $0.99 if you order another two hamburgers
If you would like to eat someone else's fries you must first sign a transfer of food agreement, go home and wait for your confirmation code to be sent to you in your inbox, visit our site and enter the confirmation code. You may then eat your one fry. If you would like another one you must repeat the process.

And then of course show they have to show you a sign that says by not having your email address signed up for their specials list you missed out saving $320 this month.

Then they would need to email you 4 times with 4 different messages thanking you for your order and offering you a coupon for $0.50 off your next order.

oh ya, gocrappy rocks

T

tekz999

lol, yes its like 6-8 steps just to complete a purchase or domain transfer, haha

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNGeeks said:
The example of "would you like fries with that" doesn't work here. Otherwise they would need to ask...
Nice analogy. I especially like the "no cost but you must pay by credit card" bit.

IT Web Team said:
that is what some people call marketing
I don't like that either, but you can see this everywhere (see fastfoods for example:"would you want french fries too ? how about a salad?"
I can totally understand why they want to take you through their entire product range, ("do you want fries with that?"), it's the convoluted checkout proceedure and confirmation emails informing you that your credit card or PayPal account has been debited for zero dollars, when excepting a FREE transfer, that makes them look moronic!

friday

Half way there :)
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNGeeks said:
The example of "would you like fries with that" doesn't work here. Otherwise they would need to ask

Would you like fries with that?
Would you like a second extra super duper large drink for only $1.99?
Since you ordered a meal you may order up to 5 ketchup at no cost but you must pay by credit card
You can order an ice cream for only $0.99 if you order another two hamburgers
If you would like to eat someone else's fries you must first sign a transfer of food agreement, go home and wait for your confirmation code to be sent to you in your inbox, visit our site and enter the confirmation code. You may then eat your one fry. If you would like another one you must repeat the process.

And then of course show they have to show you a sign that says by not having your email address signed up for their specials list you missed out saving $320 this month.

Then they would need to email you 4 times with 4 different messages thanking you for your order and offering you a coupon for $0.50 off your next order.

oh ya, gocrappy rocks

Too funny, but oh so true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom