Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How Enom gave me a heart attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ok this is an odd story, complicated by the fact that yesterday I had a long day.

I logged into my Enom account and saw a difference of $x dollars between the active & available balance. That meant that there was a pending transaction somewhere.

Upon checking the pending trasactions, I found a pending transfer that I had not initiated. Not thinking clearly, I believed that somehow someone was able to transfer one of my domains away. The gaining registrar was DomainMonger.com whom I have never used.

At that point I was in panic mode & contacted both Enom and DomainMonger. While I still wait for Enom to respond to that ticket, DomainMonger and I exchanged 3 emails via their ticket system, all that after 10:30pm Eastern. That's what I call great support.

Now here's the cherry on the pie: the domain was obviously being transferred TO Enom. I was scratching my head in disbelief, as it was with Enom ALREADY. At that point I was thinking, was it taken away to DomainMonger and somehow through some automated process it was being returned?

Then I noticed that the domain was due to expire in a month and that I had autorenewal enabled. I still could not understand the "Pending Transfer" status.

DomainMonger told me that they grab domains for Enom's Club Drop and that the domain had always been with them. That was odd, considering that 1) the domain was in my Enom account and 2) I never had a notification or account with DomainMonger. I had purchased that domain from someone who simply pushed it to my Enom account.

Well it seems that Enom maintains a remote managing of domains grabbed through their Club Drop (which I have not used). For some odd reason or warped thinking, they actually initiate a transfer away from their affiliate registrar once the domain is up for renewal. Since the renewal was automated and not initiated by me, I was left clueless about what was going on; in the state of my confusion I even thought the domain was being taken away from my Enom account.

So heads up about this odd process - kudos to DomainMonger for their support and a big spank to Enom for being so weird about it :-D

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice, information, thanks. I on't think eNom was being weird about it though. I get the impression the only thing they should have done, was to possibly deprive you of information... like telling you a transfer was happening at all. So, I dunno. I think its nice they have a virtualized system in that regard. Very interesting. Did eNom support ever give you any info regarding your questions?

~ Nexus

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this was already brought up about a month ago... enom had e-mailed all of their club drop clients few weeks ago and explained everybody what to do... you must transfer the domains to enom if you want to renew them with enom, or you can renew them with whoever is the current registar which is reselling for enom :eek:k:

http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=62952

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Theo - if you have your domains on auto renewal at ENOM and no matter what registrar partner caught them, they should start a transfer in each time they are up for renewal. That will add a year and bring them in to ENOM and out of their partners control. It is suppose to be automatic but many times it has failed for us. It is a real mess if you miss one and it goes into 30 day hold at the registrar partners site so we will all have to be careful to see that we get transfers in for these domains well in advance of the expire date. Monger is very nice to speak with but most of this is out of their control and is an ENOM problem. You may want to run a list and put in for transfer any domains that are not actually at ENOM well in advance. Good luck - Steve

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, what others have stated is true.

Domain Monger catches for Enom,and your domain had auto renew enabled.
Since you had sufficient funds in your account, the process was initiated.

No fault of Enom IMO.
Seems if we get too many domains,sometimes management of them may get inefficient. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom