Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How good is the law in india?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Okay, it seems paypal will not take any sides in this asshole in india who frauded us of money.

I have many many good friends in india, I have a few in the same city as the guy who frauded me, do you think its wise if i send them to him ot recover my funds? (or they can call the police on him!)

I have all the evidence i need to prove he stole our money without doing any work.

I have lost 100% faith in paypal who told us they cannot take sides in this situation although i provided overwhelming evidence, even an email of him STATING he will do work, yet he has done ZERO work!

I am never going to do any business with Any indian / pakistani web designers at all :disappoin

Its not really the money that matters to me, its the principle of being frauded, and thinking he is probably so happy with himself that makes me Very Angry

If this guy was here right now i can assure you he would have to black eyes. %+| wasted well over 5-6 hours of my time calling paypal etc. Warning to all, don't send echques to people you don't trust, its almost impossible to recover the funds...

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol so what are you asking?

not only is that post very racist, it is also useless, you already posted about this in the legal section, so why do you feel the need to bash the rest of the designers (the vast majority of which are very honest) in India and Pakistan?

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not bashing them, i am asking is the indian law reliable if i call the police on this guy? or will they just ignor me because i am in the uk.

This guy looked reliable, when i saw him on script lance with all his 4-5 star feedbacks, infact about 30 of them! Yet he refuses to even answer a single one of our emails, and after calling paypal who confirmed they will not do anything about it just made my head steam.

Can you show me Which part of my thread is Racist? I would really wonder if this guy made a joke of you what you would have done! maybe you are very cool headed!

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
racial comments aside (If applicable).

Indian law process is VERY VERY slow.
It is EXTREMELY bureaucratic.
We have a case there (non domain related) that dates to 1994. It reached the courts in 2001, and it is still pending. Not because of lawyers, but because of the legal system. It is VERY over loaded and EXTREMELY slow.
I recommend against taken legals action there. It will probably cost you more than you paid.
our case is for a settlement of $XXX,XXX, and still, it has been a hassle.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A personal "visit" by your friends is likely the only viable method of recovering any money.

The legal system - even here in the U.S. against another U.S.-based party is often of little use for small amounts; often better for large disputed amounts *assuming* the other party has assets to go after - can't get blood from a stone.

Ron

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you don't consider this racist?

I am never going to do any business with Any indian / pakistani web designers at all

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT, If you are asking me:

I do not judge, because I do not judge nor want to be judged.
I see that as a statement and nothing more. The statement speaks of the frame of mind the person is is/was in at the moment of making that post.
If you feel that this is a racist statement, then please take the necessary acction by reporting a bad post.
I do not feel that personal speach issues including posts like these are attacks to anyone.
He could substitute Indians for Greeks, and I would still defend this case.
Thank you

(no, I am in no way affiliated to the person making this post, just in case you feel that we are 1).
:)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He is basically saying all Indian and Pakistani designers/coders are crooks, I am not going to report the post or anything, but do think he should have chosen his words a little carefully. We have probably all been ripped off at one point or another and just because the a$$hole who stole a domain from me was Romainian doesn't mean I will never complete a sale with Romainian domainer ever again.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i never said indians and pakistanies are crooks. I have a choice to do business with pakistanis and indians and i chose not to do so! but i never generalised them as all crooks! because they are not! thats why i have many indian friends and they are very nice people!

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
negative. He never said that.
He got screwed by some people that happen to be located in a certain country.
That can happen anywhere.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have actually been hacked by an indian and also ddosed by another indian also! but still i never say i hate indians because i don't! but thanks, i will ask a friend to take direct action to recover our funds, usually actually someone turning up at their house is enough! its probably a child!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just tell him to be careful, the last thing any of us want is someone to get injured while trying to recover the funds. He may be a child, but he may also be someone a little more sinister - you never know.

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you should've waited until he does the work for you and then send him the payment, but then again I wouldn't want to engage in any overseas transactions involving large amounts of money. That's just me. I hope you get your money back!

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just think he meant because it is so far away and so difficult to get his money back which is why he made the statement....I have read many of his posts and not one reference to racism is brought up. I also believe he was pissed when he wrote this so in that frame of mind he generalized. Generalization is not racism.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CSite.Net said:
do you think its wise if i send them to him ot recover my funds? (or they can call the police on him!)

Yea, you can call your friends to go over there and take the money from him. It'll be just like the old mob movies :approve:

Anyway.. Im no expert in law or anything, but just from thinking, I doubt the Police can do much. Seems like this goes further than just the local police.

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SouthernTn said:
Yea, you can call your friends to go over there and take the money from him. It'll be just like the old mob movies :approve:

Anyway.. Im no expert in law or anything, but just from thinking, I doubt the Police can do much. Seems like this goes further than just the local police.
I doubt the law will help, and dont be too sure that ur friends can get the money, if this person is fearlessly stupid enough to take your money, i am sure of it that he/she may even be involved with gangs and such...

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have your friends take a picture of his house.

Then email that to him and tell him he has 24 hours to get you a refund. I think that's all that would need to be said.

As for that being a racial comments...please! He easily explained that he had a poor dealing in India and doesn't want to do any business in that region again. Hey..I got an idea..let's all start selling our sites to Nigerians so we don't appear racist. You first GT Web.

I bet if he had an indian/pakistani he could hire in the US he would. The problem is the law. If a country can't help you then you simply don't do business their. If you do it's a risk hence the cheap prices for help from that region.

I know lots of people who get scammed by guys in Russia, India, and other parts of the world just to save a few hundred on a project. It's the risk you take. He chooses not to take that risk anymore. I also choose not to take certain risks due to region and I am sure most of us do.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem is PayPal. Everyone needs to understand this, and once they do PayPal might bring in some proper and fair rules and regulations for everyone.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DNGeeks said:
The problem is PayPal. Everyone needs to understand this, and once they do PayPal might bring in some proper and fair rules and regulations for everyone.
Paypal is not a bank, they do not need to follow banking regulations. Their terms are clearly outlines in their user agreements upon signup.

Having said this, I try to use Paypal as little as possible, but they are generally cheaper than a direct merchant account. Not to mention, they are super-convenient.

M

mole

Getting played out is inherent in business, you just got to take calculated risks, and absorb, a certain level of things that poop. Even your own backyard neighbour can take your money and run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom