Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How good is the law in india?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Paypal is not a bank, they do not need to follow banking regulations. Their terms are clearly outlines in their user agreements upon signup.

Having said this, I try to use Paypal as little as possible, but they are generally cheaper than a direct merchant account. Not to mention, they are super-convenient.

paypal in uk is part of the FSA, which must follow the regulations set out by the FSA.
I have called a few friends and we will see if they will be able to recover the funds.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CSite.Net said:
I have called a few friends and we will see if they will be able to recover the funds.

The mob way??? %+|

haha

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its not mob way, its the only way! what other way you suggest? wait for him to spend it all!

They will just talk to his parents and if required they will call the police, i am more than happy to cooperate with anything. I don't mind spending money to see this guy punished.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still dont see how the Indian police can do anything about a crime that was committed over the net when money was taken from someone living in Scotland...

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol we must try all ways to get him punished! is there any way you would suggest? i am sure my friends would be arrested if they were to use violence!

so the only way is the way of the indian law right now! :-(

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just think of the money as paid for a lesson you took.
it is NOT worth pursuing this.
forget about it.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
oh it is. I called him earlier this morning, he just laughed over his Mobile and hung up on me! then he turned off his phone!

It makes me more angry that paypal, my bank and anyone else wont do a single thing about it. What is the point, i might as well take a bundle of cash and ask someone to take it from me. There seems to be Little international security of money transfers. I would have though the Royal Bank Of Scotland, world's 5th largest bank would do something. But they refused.

I am going to start a campaign on many forums to let people know about him, maybe i would be abit satisfied then.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The laws in India are fine themselves, as they are built upon British common law tradition. However, we all know that PEOPLE matter more. What I know from some of my friends who have lived there, the law ENFORCEMENT is not exactly very reliable, just as those in other developing countries (or even some industrial states).

As for being racist, commenting CATEGORICALLY itself is neither wise nor useful. And if you base your judgement on categorizing people, you are bound to lose, whether it's about WOMEN, INDIANS, LAWYERS or female Indian lawyers.

manish

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This guy looked reliable, when i saw him on script lance with all his 4-5 star feedbacks, infact about 30 of them!

Someone with 30+ feedback simply ran off with your money? Is there something more to the story?

Talking from the legal point, how much money are we talking about? If its over mid $xx,xxx I can assist you with filling a fraud case against this guy with the Indian police. But don't expect matters to get resolved in few weeks or a month. It may take years before the matter finally gets resolved.

Police in India is very ignorant about cyber crime. Although India is an A1 destination for outsourcing, BPO etc, cyber laws in India are full of loopholes. Chances are even after you spend thousands of dollars in court cases (not to mention the time spent), you may end up loosing the case because of loopholes in Indian cyber laws.

dotcomgiant

Technologist
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, further communication through a local contact is best option. Forget about the Indian Law. One of my friend's case is going for 3 years. its regarding an accident. He is ready to pay the fine but case going on.

:)

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He is in

Neem Wala Chowk
Ludhiana

I have no idea if paypal sent him an email or something but he just came online on msn messenger and i am talking to him, lets see where this will lead to!

I just don't get it, unless he made fake feedbacks how does he have so many! i guess you can make fake ones on scriptlance as its a free script site!
It was intresting, another guy was russian and he had about 20 positive feedbacks and asked for $x,xxx via western union or egold which i had to reject! shows there may be alot of fraud there which i never knew about. I think best way is to go with designers that you know rather than ones you don't know and can't get in touch with.

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
Have your friends take a picture of his house.

Then email that to him and tell him he has 24 hours to get you a refund. I think that's all that would need to be said.

LOL.

It sounds like a tough one. Obviously "mob" tactics are a last resort if they are to be employed at all, I guess it depends how much you lost, how badly you want it back, and how long you're willing to wait for it.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Call him and say "I have 3 Little friends waiting outside" and have your three friends standing on the corner with their hands inside their jacket lol

That'll shake him up a bit.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CSite.Net.. Also if you report the same to Indian Embasy in England. They will sure help you out.
This guy can be arrested in Foreign Exchange ACT( The most dangerous act) Cause he received payment and wont have any records to show why he received the said funds from you. Also charges like fraud and other criminal charges can be made against him.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:) thanks scorpio for the info didn't know that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom