Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How many websites do the "big time guys" own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladex5k

Been Around the Block
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know most of the big domainers in the world have a couple hundred or thousand domains in their portfolio... but how many of those domains are actually developed? (Not including parked domains or PPC templates or anything else of the like.. I'm talking about pure, original, developed websites)

I just read a post about a PR update and one of the users said here that he saw a change in "150 of his sites."

How many websites do the big domainers of the world own now? Is 150 a lot, or is he just getting started?

This is to help me figure out if I'm on the right track... Thanks.

Domain Days 2024

bladex5k

Been Around the Block
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So most of you guys only own ONE developed website? And make all of your other income off of domains alone???

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bladex5k said:
So most of you guys only own ONE developed website? And make all of your other income off of domains alone???
well you said the "big guys" - they own 1.

some people develop here, some don't.

bladex5k

Been Around the Block
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh ok.. well I've changed the title... lol

For the guys who develop... how many sites do you have? Because I big on developing..

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have about 40 or so developed sites with about 300 left to develop. I choose to develop rather than park. Someone may have parked names which generate traffic instead.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
I have about 40 or so developed sites with about 300 left to develop. I choose to develop rather than park. Someone may have parked names which generate traffic instead.

I tryed parking.. generated $5.00 a month.. rather develop given the names I own

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One's that aren't developed yet are parked gathering a few bucks but the major income comes from the developed ones.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We currently have about 50-60 different actual developed websites, with another 500+ at least to be done.

bladex5k

Been Around the Block
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How long did developing all of these sites take you guys?

Are they real popular sites too? Or are they a bunch of small sites generating a small amount of revenue but then it adds up to a lot?

Are they all different types of sites (this excludes you typeins)? Or sites in one general category... like as you can see from my signature, I'm a big baseball fan.. is it a good idea to have a bunch of websites on one subject? or vary it?

joeny

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have 100 developed..........and more to come.......I am addicted

bladex5k

Been Around the Block
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
joeny said:
I have 100 developed..........and more to come.......I am addicted

Are they like AdSense template sites or PPC Sites? Or are they real and developed?

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
bladex5k said:
How long did developing all of these sites take you guys?

Are they real popular sites too? Or are they a bunch of small sites generating a small amount of revenue but then it adds up to a lot?

Are they all different types of sites (this excludes you typeins)? Or sites in one general category... like as you can see from my signature, I'm a big baseball fan.. is it a good idea to have a bunch of websites on one subject? or vary it?

I think it would be a bad idea to have a bunch of sites on the same subject, if the world gets bored of that subject then you lose a lot, whereas if you have all different categories you are not likely to have a loss of traffic and revenue on more than one site.

I got rid of most of my domains not long ago and only have 10-15 domains, 2 are under development, I spend a few hours each day developing them, Parking doesnt pay very well imo.

bladex5k

Been Around the Block
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are they made for all topics that you are interested in? Because how fun is it to create a website about the way a flower blooms...

daveb1

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
An interesting thread this...

The people that have already mentioned they develop the sites rather than just park them (joeny, typeins etc) when you say "develop" do you catually make a complete site that needs constant looking after, or do you really mean a templated type site with contextual articles on each page, and loads of Adsense boxes?

I can't see how people like joeny can have 100 developed sites, and yet still have time to create more (unless joeny is head of a large company with loads of workers to look after the sites?) :)

Dave

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
daveb1 said:
I can't see how people like joeny can have 100 developed sites, and yet still have time to create more (unless joeny is head of a large company with loads of workers to look after the sites?) :)
Dave
You can develop sites that are self-automated, or don't involve any work after the initial set-up.

haynes8

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have well over 100 developed, be it PPC adsense site, but developed non the less. Took one name earning $3.50 per month at sedo, to earning $25/$30 per month in adsense. Its all a matter of what you intend to do with a name. A full developed site can take a long time, but a PPC template to generate $$ is fairly simple.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have well over 100 developed, be it PPC adsense site, but developed non the less. Took one name earning $3.50 per month at sedo, to earning $25/$30 per month in adsense. Its all a matter of what you intend to do with a name. A full developed site can take a long time, but a PPC template to generate $$ is fairly simple.

Very well put.

bladex5k

Been Around the Block
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dvestors said:
You can develop sites that are self-automated, or don't involve any work after the initial set-up.

How so? What types of sites are these? Do you have an example?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom